Recommendations for quicker, intuitive music control?

ffolke

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm a new Android user, previously on the iPhone, looking for tips on improving media playback, pausing, etc. I've gotten used to iOS's earbud controls, universal swipe-up for audio buttons, or buttons directly on the lock screen. I'm finding I have to tap, swipe, and press a little more to access these controls on Android in some cases (The music controls don't show up on Active Display). The notifications have controls for Google Play, rdio, and spotify. I have to open Pandora as the notification doesn't have controls. I've tried AirGesture, SidePlayer, and Tactile Player, but they either don't work at all on the Moto X or aren't reliable.

Are there any good gesture, voice, or one-tap solutions that make things like a quick pause easier? Is there also something comparable to the Glissando app for iPhone that using the entire screen to access music controls (volume, skip, pause, etc), and forces to stay awake when plugged into power?

Last edited:

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
You can just swipe down from the lock screen and control your music from the notification. If the controls aren't expanded, swipe down on the notification and they will appear. This only works though if your music is currently playing though.

You cab also try power settings as they will give you a persistent music control buttons in the notifications panel. Though I haven't tested if they will work across all those apps you mentioned.

orangezebra

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
There should be controls right on the lock screen. If you are bypassing that because of active notifications then you could add a widget to your screen to control playback

Posted via Android Central App

ffolke

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The problem with having a widget on the home screen is that sometimes there's an app open after unlocking and that would take two extra taps to get to, and thus more time. Sometimes I just need to pause a track without having to pick up my phone, unlock, press home, then find the pause button. That's the only feature I feel would really complete the great touchless controls and smart efficiencies Moto X has implemented.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Pause your music without picking up your phone? Does any phone offer that? Without an accessory ofcourse. And you control the volume from the hardware buttons, screen volume is a waste of space. Pandora dosent offer that, because it chooses not to I guess, they havent took control of it.
Last part, I dont know, could be. But the way it does music natively has never bothered me, would do the same on the Moto X as I would the iPhone. Volume buttons, screen on and pause.

ffolke

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, just dreaming big here... with some luck. I stumbled on Wave Control which seems to do the trick (pause using the sensor). It doesn't always work precisely, but its better and easier than nothing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol