Day 1 with Vzw moto x developer edition

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So, got lucky and got one on cyber Monday. I started out trying to use it with the "stock" launcher... But there is like no room on the home screen. Enter Nova launcher. I got action launcher on my nexus 7 2013 but don't know if I'd like it on my phone. Anyhow... Now I have a much larger area to work with.

Things I've noticed... Coming from a galaxy s3. This is going to be completely at random. At work where I get horrible signal... I keep 3g mostly which is an improvement cuz I wouldn't even get 1x with my s3. I actually was able to update an app in my building. Active notifications is nice and user friendly. I will like this. My contact widget is kinda weird on it(apw) ... That might be due to kitkat compatability not being completely done tho. I'm not noticing any performance issues. Seems snappy as can be. The windy day thing was cool. I haven't setup touchless app yet. The speaker is crazy loud compared to the s3. But with that said... Unlocking the screen to hit snooze on my alarm was difficult... The phone didn't want to read that I was unlocking. My s3 didn't do that. I haven't got much experience with the camera yet but I like the gesture to activate it! I have the ballistic SG max case and will say that the screen cover sucks on it but the rest of the case is great. Overall.. Very positive impressions coming from s3. Moto has got something pretty good here I think.

Posted via Android Central App

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
The windy day thing is this little app/game that comes on the phone. You will see a little red hat flying around the screen, you click it and it shows you a little story that you have to move your phone around to follow whats happening. Not for everyone but I thought it was neat.

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh and the buttons are hard to push with any case on that I have right now. Thankfully with active notifications I don't have to push buttons too much...

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool