purple smearing

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I got a moto x, and I noticed that moving black objects have a purple haze effect. This Is actually similar to my aunt's S4. Is my moto x defective or is this just an amoled thing?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a moto x, and I noticed that moving black objects have a purple haze effect. This Is actually similar to my aunt's S4. Is my moto x defective or is this just an amoled thing?

Welcome to the forums.
Can you post some kind of picture?
That doesn't sound normal.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes they will exchange if you're not happy with it. I found their customer service top notch. You can either keep the phone while they make you a new one (you need to give a credit card up front) or they will email you pre paid postage, you send it back and they send you a new pin code to design your new phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
My moto x does have that grey-to-purple with low brightness effect as well. My note 3 has the same purple trail effect as my moto x, so I think the purple haze and grey-to-purple effects are due to the amoled panels they use.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought this was a well known amoled issue on low brightness. I certainly could be wrong, but this is not the first time I have heard of this. Anyone else?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
After seeing this thread I checked mine out again. I usually have my brightness real low.I do not have this(purple haze and grey-to-purple effects) on mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt