Ok, so a lot of people have done this, but here you go anyway.
First impressions of my new Moto X:
- This does not feel like a "mid-range" phone. Build quality is outstanding. I checked it out every time I walked into any place that had one and always picked it up. Now that I have one, it feels different...better. Even though it's plastic, it feels like a premium phone. Unlike the cheap plastic that Samsung uses. I like the feel and build of the HTC One, and the X feels just as good.
- Weight: Some complaints have been it's too heavy. To me, it feels solid. Like it doesn't need a case b/c it's built so well. No visible seems or gaps present. Fits my hand perfectly.
- Size: I know some folks wished it was 5inches but the screen size is perfect. Funny, my mother in law with an iPhone 4s said: wow that's a big screen, lol.
- Camera: Twist application opens camera flawlessly. I took multiple pictures in low light, at night and they were all good / passable. Just as good as an iPhone 4S.
- Screen: to me, I can't tell that it's 720. It just looks great.. I mean, it's still HD.
- Use: One of the easiest phones to set up that I've ever owned. The extra skin Motorola added is very helpful.
- Battery: Ridiculously long.
- Moto Maker: I liked the idea that I designed my phone - black/black with silver trim but I ordered the wife a black one on contract and they look almost identical, haha. The main point, is that I love that a company made a phone specifically for me and most importantly it was made in the U.S.A!
Overall: This phone will do everything that I want it to do and as of now, I'm extremely happy. Even family members who own iPhones were impressed.
Re: First Impressions
Thanks for sharing. The only thing that I didn't really like about the X is the shiny plastic that I recollect frames the screen. It certainly didn't offer the premium feeling. That's nitpicky to most and the X is quite the popular device amongst Android enthusiasts for good reason.