1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kuj

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Touchless Control Questions/Issues

1. Anyone using it with Textra? If I send using TC it sends but doesn't update Textra. It shows up in the stock messaging app. Is this a bug with Textra?

2. Is it supposed to work through the car's audio via bluetooth? Phone calls work but I can't get TC to use the car's audio.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Touchless Control Questions/Issues

I am also using textra. When I send a text using TC it does show up in textra just as if I typed it out. Not sure why it's not working for you.

Sent from my Moto X
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    kuj

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Weird. Are you using the stock launcher?

Kuj, I'm in the same boat with Textra. Using touchless, my texts do get sent to the recipient, but the texts I spoke don't show up in Textra. My stock messaging is disabled, and I uninstalled 8sms (which works perfectly with TC). I tried clearing Textra cache and rebooting phone, but that didn't help. I'm using stock launcher.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    kuj

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Thanks Weksa. Have you contacted Textra support at all? I just sent them an email. I am using Nova launcher btw.

Yeah I just sent them an email. I'm back to using 8sms in the mean time. Otherwise, Textra would be my choice texting app.

Regarding #2, this AC article may be related. Jerry discusses using a Bluetooth speaker with touchless control in his car. http://m.androidcentral.com/motorola...happend-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by kuj View Post
    Weird. Are you using the stock launcher?
    Well, textra is making a liar out of me. Or, you jinxed me I have multiple contacts that I used TC to text and they are in my threads on textra. I've been trying TC since seeing this thread and now they are not showing up. They do all show up in the stock app. I've tried a few different scenarios to see what the cause my be...previously starting a text conversation, having the person previously reply, Wi-Fi, no Wi-Fi, stock launcher, action launcher, etc. Now I can't seem to get it in textra, and I can't figure out why. And I swear to god and baby Jesus that previous TC messages ARE in my textra conversation lists. I'm not cracking up. Not sure if maybe they take time to sync?? I do know that the dev is a fantastic guy and had helped me in the past. I'm a die hard textra guy.

Sent from my Moto X
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    kuj

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Lol. Sorry dude. Hope he responds to our emails and figures out what's wrong.

Sent from my MotoX

Quote Originally Posted by kuj View Post
    Lol. Sorry dude. Hope he responds to our emails and figures out what's wrong.

Sent from my MotoX
    He will. The guy is quick with figuring out issues.

Sent from my Moto X

Textra just got an update today 12/16. I installed it fresh, still no go. Stock is disabled, other text apps are uninstalled.

Quote Originally Posted by weksa View Post
    Textra just got an update today 12/16. I installed it fresh, still no go. Stock is disabled, other text apps are uninstalled.
    do you just have your stock notifications turned off, or did you actually disable the stock messaging app in app manager? I think the texts have to flow through the stock app to get to textra.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabets View Post
    do you just have your stock notifications turned off, or did you actually disable the stock messaging app in app manager? I think the texts have to flow through the stock app to get to textra.
    I disabled the stock messaging. I'll enable and see how that goes. Thanks.

Still no good. Textra just isn't able to grab my outgoing texts.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    kuj

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I did hear back from the developer but he hasn't been able to find anything.

Amidst all my messing around, I saw that when Textra is run for the first time it goes through a setup process. I believe that during this time it pulls in any SMS texts (both incoming and outgoing) that I had not deleted yet. It just doesn't pull in any new outgoing texts after that process.