1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vibrate Motor

Has anyone noticed your vibrate function/motor is insanely loud? Almost sounds like a bit of a rattle too? I have a DE going back to Moto for this and I just got my Moto maker edition last night and it does it too!
    Heres the kicker tho, my wife had her new Moto maker edition and hers is quiet and smooth sounding as can it. As it should be! It drives me nuts!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Default Re: Vibrate Motor

The vibrate motor on mine is kind of loud I guess. It does feel pretty weak and muddy. I don't really like it but not sure if this is normal. My iPhone 5 has a very crisp/solid feeling and powerful vibrate. The Moto X vibrate I'm not sure what is normal. My Nexus 4 had a similar vibrate feeling to the Moto X.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah that is what I'm used to. Crisp solid feel and sound. My wife's X is that way which is what baffles me.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

From what I have read and along what with Moto X is pretty loud with the vibe.

I'm OK with it but sometimes it does seem louder

My second one, the one I own now it s probably like your wife's cause my first one was more of a rattle than a vibrate.

I've had 5 moto x, and all of them had different vibration sensations...
    I guess the QA for that part is not that high, and there's quite a variation from phone to phone...
    Mine also sounds a bit loud.... My mom's Defy+ is just perfect, and that's what I would expect from the Moto X.
    Sadly, it's not the case...
    But it works... I've decreased the vibration time for the keys from 20 to 15ish ms...
    Also, I've found a bug: it's not unusual for the vibration to fail when adding a new widget to the desktop (4.2.2)
    This is a soft bug, since it happens more often in the widget section than in the actual apps section...

You're not alone. I noticed that the haptic feedback on my Moto X is unusually strong and is more of a rattle than a smooth vibrate. Googling turns up multiple similar complaints.

Hmm. OK, this is interesting. I was so out put off by my X's vibrations I disabled haptic in the "Sounds" settings panel and on the keyboard. While typing up this response I enabled it for grins. It's now working smoothly and there's no rattle at all.

I an live without haptic feedback but this is a little concerning because I had a Droid Incredible that had a vibrator that failed after about a year.

What kind of vibration are she speaking of?
    So you mean the ones for the keyboard, or the other ones that might happen when touching the screen?
    You can tune the force of the ones for the virtual qwerty in the advanced settings for the keyboard...
    Default is 20ms, you can try 16...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Any of the vibrations are muddy feeling and more like a rattle as others have described. I turn off vibrate on touches anyway. But the vibrate for notifications is just as bad and often I don't even feel it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app