Android Beam not working

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to send a picture to my friend who has a galaxy s3 with android 4.1.2 and i could send anything to her, but she was able to send an app to my phone which took it to the play store but she couldn't send a picture. On her phone it said connect lost or something along those lines. Everything was on I made sure. I've sent things using android beam before. Not sure if it was kitkat or a hardware issue.

A few weeks back I accidentally dropped my phone on tile, nothing happened to it I don't think, I also got it wet last week near the earpiece and headphone jack. Not sure if that messed it up either.

Sent from my Moto X

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes the NFC chip can be in different places for different phones.

Idk cause it was making the noise like it recognized that I was using android beam but nothing showed up on my screen. Like the touch to beam thing

Sent from my Moto X

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Idk cause it was making the noise like it recognized that I was using android beam but nothing showed up on my screen. Like the touch to beam thing

Sent from my Moto X

Maybe it recognised the other phone for a second but then lost the connection. Try experimenting with other devices and see where your NFC chip is. In most cases it's near the battery or even in the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it recognised the other phone for a second but then lost the connection. Try experimenting with other devices and see where your NFC chip is. In most cases it's near the battery or even in the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

I have to wait. Everyone in my family has iphones. But I did try moving it around.

Sent from my Moto X

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to wait. Everyone in my family has iphones. But I did try moving it around.

Sent from my Moto X

Yeah, I just tried with my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 5. Sometimes the 'Touch to beam' would show up on one device but not the other.
It's not a bug or anything, so don't worry about it :)

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just tried with my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 5. Sometimes the 'Touch to beam' would show up on one device but not the other.
It's not a bug or anything, so don't worry about it :)

But then why wouldn't let send something if she had her phone in the home screen?

Sent from my Moto X

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to send a picture to my friend who has a galaxy s3 with android 4.1.2 and i could send anything to her, but she was able to send an app to my phone which took it to the play store but she couldn't send a picture. On her phone it said connect lost or something along those lines. Everything was on I made sure. I've sent things using android beam before. Not sure if it was kitkat or a hardware issue.

Was S-Beam enabled on her phone? Try it again, but make sure S-Beam is turned off.

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Was S-Beam enabled on her phone? Try it again, but make sure S-Beam is turned off.

Yea it was. & I did that too didn't even make the noise. It should of worked cause we've done it before but that was before kitkat not sure if that messed it up or anything.

Sent from my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital