Guess none of you follow Moto Mobility on Twitter?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I hope it is easy to switch out the ugly white woven back on my dev ed for the wood one! Well, that assumes the wood ones will become available as spare parts, but I hope so.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I hope it is easy to switch out the ugly white woven back on my dev ed for the wood one! Well, that assumes the wood ones will become available as spare parts, but I hope so.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one!

Oh, you were serious?

I doubt they'll be available any time relatively soon as a replacement part, and if/when they are, it won't be an easy procedure. It rarely is on a unibody, sealed phone.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ifixit made it look not too hard and others on this forum have changed out their backs. You can buy spare backs on ebay.

I'm sure others have done it, I'm sure you can buy backs on eBay, and I'm sure the professionals at ifixit that do this every day made it look easy. I didn't say that it wasn't possible, just that it wouldn't be easy and spare wood backs would be slow in coming.

Posted via Android Central App

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure others have done it, I'm sure you can buy backs on eBay, and I'm sure the professionals at ifixit that do this every day made it look easy. I didn't say that it wasn't possible, just that it wouldn't be easy and spare wood backs would be slow in coming.
I think the Moto X is likely different from your typical unibody phone in that it was designed to be customizable. Every other unibody phone is not. At least from what is posted on ifixit, it appears to be different in that the unibody, given its customizable nature, is easy to pop off the back.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Just what I was gonna post up now too.

Posted via Android Central App

The wood backs have anti-appeal to me. What I'd like, which would be impractical for wear and tear, expense, and weight, would be agate or onyx. I know it won't happen but to me that would look a lot nicer than wood.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I would be incredibly surprised if wood backs aren't available this week. IIRC, when the X was announced it was said wood would be available Q4, and if possible I'm sure Moto wants them out for the holidays. I think this tweet is the transition from "coming soon" to "coming this week"

Full disclosure: When I was a teenager I worked at McDonalds

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia