Moto X: Camera stuck in front facing

coopdogyo

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
My moto x's camera is stuck in the front facing mode. when i open the camera app there is no option to switch the camera to "selfie" mode. The icon that had been in the bottom left has disappeared. I chatted with motorola support and they walked me through clearing the partition and doing a factory reset and after i opened the app after the factory reset everything looked fixed but when i opened it again the icon had disappeared. Any idea whats wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera stuck in front facing

Very strange. Have u updated the camera in the play store? Did it happen after this? Have you tried uninstalling the update then reinstall?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

coopdogyo

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Yep uninstalled and reinstalled the update. Motorola says I can send it back under warranty. Trying to decide if I should just send it in to be repaired or I should return it because i have dropped it.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

What are we supposed to do for the two weeks it takes to repair the phone?

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

JET4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

That's why I always keep my last phone just in case I need to send the new one back.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Pretend its 1983!

Yep uninstalled and reinstalled the update. Motorola says I can send it back under warranty. Trying to decide if I should just send it in to be repaired or I should return it because i have dropped it.

Did u uninstall completely? I would return it and get a new one, assuming u have insurance.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Royce Reynolds

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

Its good to know that I'm not alone in this. I have the same problem too on my Droid Maxx (X1080M) and I can only make use of the front facing camera. Anyone figured out a solution yet?

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a hardware failure to me. I remember my old Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile variant of the original Galaxy S). A lot of us added a front facing camera once someone figured out that the firmware was the same and the front facing camera hole was painted over. It was plug and play, other than not being able to record video in HD.

Anyway, I seem to remember the option to swap to the front facing camera only being present when it was installed. No FFC, no option to swap. I know that's anecdotal, but like I said, it sounds like the rear camera isn't registering as being there at all - hence dead camera.

Posted via Android Central App

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue . Talked to Motorola and they will repair/replace the phone under warranty . I need to wait 24/48 hours for someone to call me back and get the exchange going because it was a built to order phone. Nice. This is the second time in 8 months the phone has had to be replaced because of a camera malfunction. I should have known better after the camera broke after the first week of ownership and moved on to another device.

Lee-gurl Ferguson

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
my camera crashes everytime i try to open it. on snapchat my back camera dont work either, it doesnt give me an option when usually it does :/ can someone tell me how to get my camera working again ? my phone is an android by the way.

Last edited:

Mike Pratali

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I tackled this issue. Called Motorola and talked my way to a cool tech. They know it's an issue. Question is software or hardware. In short if you cant fix it in safe mode then it's hardware. My fix was hardware and I'm up and running. Paid 10.00 from ebay install took an hour +. Not bad at all.. torx 3 is your friend on this one..

Daniele Ortiz

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
my camera crashes everytime i try to open it. on snapchat my back camera dont work either, it doesnt give me an option when usually it does :/ can someone tell me how to get my camera working again ? my phone is an android by the way.

Mine is the same way.. Snapchat is the only way I can take pics and front facing only :( I'm sending my phone in under warranty

TechRaider05

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen to me twice. Each time I do repair and replace on the Moto site. They send me a new phone and then I mail back my old one. On my third one currently. Seems like the camera will just become disconnected somehow.

Shasank Kumar

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

Same problem with my karbonn titanium s5 plus,rear camera button dissapeared
Please give solutions soon
I'm try for the solutions since an year ago

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member