- 11 Posts
Moto X: Camera stuck in front facing
My moto x's camera is stuck in the front facing mode. when i open the camera app there is no option to switch the camera to "selfie" mode. The icon that had been in the bottom left has disappeared. I chatted with motorola support and they walked me through clearing the partition and doing a factory reset and after i opened the app after the factory reset everything looked fixed but when i opened it again the icon had disappeared. Any idea whats wrong?
Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-06-2014 at 11:30 AM.
- 12-15-2013, 10:06 PM #2
- 12-16-2013, 12:55 AM #3
- 12-16-2013, 02:30 AM #5
- 12-16-2013, 04:10 AM #6
- 12-16-2013, 06:55 AM #7
- 12-16-2013, 06:58 AM #8
- 04-05-2014, 01:29 PM #9
- 04-06-2014, 01:32 AM #10
- 04-06-2014, 08:26 AM #11
Re: Camera stuck in front facing
Sounds like a hardware failure to me. I remember my old Samsung Vibrant (T-Mobile variant of the original Galaxy S). A lot of us added a front facing camera once someone figured out that the firmware was the same and the front facing camera hole was painted over. It was plug and play, other than not being able to record video in HD.
Anyway, I seem to remember the option to swap to the front facing camera only being present when it was installed. No FFC, no option to swap. I know that's anecdotal, but like I said, it sounds like the rear camera isn't registering as being there at all - hence dead camera.
Posted via Android Central App
- 04-08-2014, 03:41 AM #12
- By atkjhi in forum Moto XReplies: 6Last Post: 04-05-2014, 01:33 PM
- By mikeracing in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 10Last Post: 12-29-2013, 09:15 PM
- By simonjcook in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 6Last Post: 12-17-2013, 02:14 PM
- By Christina Morris in forum Acer Iconia A200Replies: 2Last Post: 12-16-2013, 07:48 AM
- By rkdroid in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2013, 05:44 PM