1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X - Stock e-mail sync issue on KitKat

I use the stock email for my Yahoo & before KitKat, it worked fine. I didn't have to do any additional setup when getting KitKat since it migrated over automatically. However, it seems to take a while to download new messages, even when on WiFi. Also, when I delete the messages & force the sync update, I can still go to my email on a PC & the messages are still there in an unread state.

I think I will just go to the Yahoo app, but wanted to know if there is a fix for the stock email as opposed to having to download another app. My Yahoo is my secondary e-mail, so I'm not too concerned. My primary Gmail works just fine using the Gmail apps.

Thanks
    Justin

Default Re: Moto X - Stock e-mail sync issue on KitKat

I had the exact same issue so I am now using K-9 for my yahoo email. I dont really like the yahoo app, kind of cumbersome. Although the sync delay is still there it is not as bad as before with the stock e mail app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I'll look into that. I didn't like the Yahoo app when I last had it either.

I noticed the same thing. I use yahoo small business for email. When I open the app and the app refreshes, I often see the spinning circle stuck trying to retrieve mail, even when I'm on wifi.

I also sometime can't get any response when I hit the folders icon. Occasionally, trying to hit it crashes the email app.

I never had any issues with the stock app untill the kit kat update. Wondering if it will get resolved?

I've noticed that the stock email app doesn't show attachments pics anymore after Kit Kat. I'm using it for aol and Verizon Email.
    It shows other zip attachments tho. Very strange.

Posted via Android Central App
    D Inc on launch day- Galaxy Nexus on launch day----Dev Edition Moto X better late than never----Love me some Android.

None of the pictures in my stock email account are visible since my Nexus 7 upgrade to Kit Kat. It is very annoying, to say the least. I have a ten inch Toshiba Thrive and the pictures are available with no problems. Does anyone have a fix?