Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ultravisitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Default Best Buy (In-Store): Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver $19.99 (12/16)

On-sale in-store for $19.99 as of 12/17. Not sure how long this will last (or if they're clearing out inventory).

$19.99
    ON SALE
    Regular Price: $79.99
    You Save: $60.00
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Default Re: Best Buy (In-Store): Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver $19.99 (12/16)

Looks like only available for store pickup (my area didn't' have any available). I'm guessing it's clearance.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Default Re: Best Buy (In-Store): Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver $19.99 (12/16)

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Looks like only available for store pickup (my area didn't' have any available). I'm guessing it's clearance.
    Wondering if it's on clearance because it's not good. I have a Chromecast already - is it worth $20 to find out?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Wondering if it's on clearance because it's not good. I have a Chromecast already - is it worth $20 to find out?
    I was looking for a deal for this device long before chromecast was released... ever since chromecast i feel like miracast is pointless..

also this
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    ever since chromecast i feel like miracast is pointless..
    Same.
    DJJeffT likes this.

Miracast would be nice for apps that don't support Chromecast. The NFL Sunday Ticket app comes to mind.

It shows as available for shipping for me and I have a $10 reward zone certificate. This just may be worth $10 to me.

Posted via Android Central App

I like the idea of Chromecast but its very limited. I know of no Ultraviolet programs that work. Neither do Jetflicks or Comcast. Right now Miracast works and it works for any program that works on your phone, well except for the NFL mobile application. You get a message that screen mirroring is not supported similar to what you get trying to use HDMI with it. None of the other apps I've tried do that on Miracast, even ones that won't work on HDMI like Comcast. Don't know how well the Rocketfish one works but ever since the last update the Push to TV from Netgear works great and the lag that Miracast is known for is all but gone. Avoid any of the Samsung ones like the plague. I tried pretty much all their solutions and none would even maintain a connection even with their own devices.

Thanked by:
    mm356 

Quote Originally Posted by techitrucker View Post
    Right now Miracast works and it works for any program that works on your phone, well except for the NFL mobile application. You get a message that screen mirroring is not supported similar to what you get trying to use HDMI with it.

Wow - glad to know! This was the very reason I was interested in this device in the first place: to stream the Red Zone channel to TV via the NFL Mobile app. Interesting to know that it doesn't work either with Miracast or HDMI. I just bought one and when I went to pick it up they said they couldn't find it and nobody else had any either, so I got them to sell me a Chromecast for the same $19.99 price. Although it doesn't do as much as Miracast, I feel much better knowing that Miracast wouldn't have worked for NFL anyway.