New to the X - just a few questions
Hello, just a few questions from a Moto X (and Android) newbie ...
1) I'm noticing that there are no notification "flags" on the icons when there's something new (Messages app, e-mail, phone, etc). I'm assuming this is intentional by design? I'm getting all of my notifications very efficiently in the pull down Notification Center, so it's no big deal to me that there's no flags on the apps themselves. Yes, former iPhone user so that's what I was used to.
2) I notice that whenever you download an app from Google Play, it lands right on your home screen. Is there any way to get the app to land in the App Drawer instead? Just means I have to move it off my home screen every time. No big deal, just curious if that's possible.
3) I'm having a little trouble creating folders in my App Drawer. For instance, I want to put all of the Verizon bloatware into a folder. When I try to lay one app on top of another, it doesn't want to do that - it thinks I want to move the app to a home screen. Am I doing this wrong? I know it's simple, but I'm obviously not doing it right.
4) When I unlock the phone from the Active Display, it's making a very mild haptic feedback. Is there a way to turn this off? I have haptic feedback turned off on everything else in this phone, but I can't find where to turn it off when unlocking from Active Display. On a personal note, I can't stand that haptic feedback. I guess a lot of people like it, but I find it really annoying. It's the first thing I disabled when I got the phone.
5) I downloaded an app from within Google Play (not from my phone, but on the website itself) .. then I uninstalled it on my device ... but, oddly, it's still showing up under "My Apps" in Google Play. I tried logging out and then logging back to see if that would refresh it, but it's still there. Will this just go away eventually?
- 12-16-2013, 07:46 PM #2
2. Go into the Settings in the Play Store and uncheck the Autu-add widgets box.
3. The native Android launcher does not support this. Folders only in the home screens.
4. I don't think there's a way to turn this off right now.
5. The Play Store (web) will show all apps you've installed on any of your devices. Coming from the iPhone world, think of this as like in iTunes AMD redownloading apps.
Posted via Android Central Appa.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
- 12-16-2013, 07:47 PM #3
- 6,004 Posts
Re: New to the X - just a few questions
2. open app "play store"-->menu [3 dots on top right]-->settings-->uncheck "Auto add widgets"
3. think of Android as windows PC... u have applications installed on menu and u have shortcut on desktop.
same!!! you could do this with third party launcher
5. click recent menu-->close playstore and re open againFancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
- 12-16-2013, 08:28 PM #4
- 12-16-2013, 09:08 PM #6
- 12-16-2013, 09:29 PM #7
- 12-17-2013, 12:52 PM #9
- 12-17-2013, 01:18 PM #10
- 12-17-2013, 01:58 PM #11
- 12-17-2013, 02:14 PM #12
- By Adamc55 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 03-22-2014, 02:49 AM
- By atlusfox in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 12-19-2013, 03:30 PM
- By ilzniche in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2013, 12:21 AM
- By Jackie Wilson1 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2013, 12:06 AM
- By melody301 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2013, 11:32 PM