• 1 Post By renegademoose
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By jdevenberg
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Exchange on Moto X with 4.4

Hello,

I have a N5, but I'm strongly considering returning it and picking up a Moto X. My one concern is in regards to getting my Exchange email. I had read that there were issues with Exchange on 4.4 that were resolved in 4.4.2. Anyone using their Moto X to get Exchange email and having any issues ?

Thanks !

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Default Re: Exchange on Moto X with 4.4

I am not a fan of how it handles Exchange at all. I'm considering going back to my HTC One..........

Doesn't display mail in folders in the main inbox kills me. You literally never know if you have a message in there.

Everyone on Moto X is using a different mail client like touchdown, but to have to pay $20 bucks sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by sirflex View Post
    I am not a fan of how it handles Exchange at all. I'm considering going back to my HTC One..........

Doesn't display mail in folders in the main inbox kills me. You literally never know if you have a message in there.

Everyone on Moto X is using a different mail client like touchdown, but to have to pay $20 bucks sucks.
    I may be misunderstanding your complaint, but on mine it show the unread items at the very top for the inbox. Then at the top of list there is an option to show folders where it will show unread items per folder. Between that and notifications I'm not sure how you don't know when you have a new message. Then if you swipe from the left you can even select to view unread items.

I have the latest update on my Moto X and I was having some sync issues a week or two ago. I would delete items and they would pop back into my inbox. I deleted the exchange account and added it again and since then things have been fine.
    Thanked by 2:
    DS1331UJ95x 
    DS1331 likes this.

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

It's not the same, there isn't a central place to view all your messages for exchange. I understand the whole folder part, but it's not the same..... To go to the area with folders and then go to the individual folder is a waste. HTC Mail handles exchange mail much better, puts everything including messages in the folders in the main inbox. If you want to go to an individual folder then you could.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ecb1171 View Post
    Hello,

I have a N5, but I'm strongly considering returning it and picking up a Moto X. My one concern is in regards to getting my Exchange email. I had read that there were issues with Exchange on 4.4 that were resolved in 4.4.2. Anyone using their Moto X to get Exchange email and having any issues ?

Thanks !
    Link to issues?

Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Also, if you have multiple e-mail accounts and are in combined view you will never know if a new message came in.

I use my mail for work exchange and it's great it works great and gets delivered fast. idk what the other guy was complaining about but it shows the new messages at the top...

I'm still on 4.2.2. though I don't plan on upgrading to kitkat for a while at least

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Also, if you have multiple e-mail accounts and are in combined view you will never know if a new message came in.
    that I don't know because I only use my work email in the stock email app and Gmail on the stock Gmail app

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

my exchange works great on 4.2.2
    i updated to kitkat, had exchange issues, then reverted back to 4.2.2 and all is good now. waiting for a fix before i upgrade to kitkat again

Quote Originally Posted by renegademoose View Post
    I may be misunderstanding your complaint, but on mine it show the unread items at the very top for the inbox. Then at the top of list there is an option to show folders where it will show unread items per folder. Between that and notifications I'm not sure how you don't know when you have a new message. Then if you swipe from the left you can even select to view unread items.

I have the latest update on my Moto X and I was having some sync issues a week or two ago. I would delete items and they would pop back into my inbox. I deleted the exchange account and added it again and since then things have been fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    my exchange works great on 4.2.2
    i updated to kitkat, had exchange issues, then reverted back to 4.2.2 and all is good now. waiting for a fix before i upgrade to kitkat again
    How did you revert back to 4.2.2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by r p3 View Post
    How did you revert back to 4.2.2 ?
    start here:

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

Do you guys have folders with rules? I've read on multiple sites that the stock email app on the Moto X isn't that great so a lot of people go and download plus pay for touchdown since it handles a lot more.

Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Do you guys have folders with rules? I've read on multiple sites that the stock email app on the Moto X isn't that great so a lot of people go and download plus pay for touchdown since it handles a lot more.

I use Touchdown because it keeps work and personal separate. I could run my phone without a pass code with Touchdown if I wanted to too.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

cwbcpa likes this.

I've only had my Moto X for about a week, but Exchange works fine for me. I did have some sync issues when I first set up the phone, but I re-booted the phone and I haven't had any issues since. I am on Kit Kat. I can see my folders and pull up e-mail in those folders, although I don't have many rules set up. I use the gmail app for my gmail and only have my work e-mail in my Exchange account. I only had issues the first day and it has been smooth since then - and the calendar sync works well too.

I think Touchdown, though expensive, is the best solution regardless of what phone you are on and how it handles Exchange (which I no longer use, we recently switched to Google Apps for Business). Touchdown isolates your Exchange rules to just the app instead of the entire phone, so your company cannot erase your personal data and you can run your device without a PIN if you want (something I do in certain situations).

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I think Touchdown, though expensive, is the best solution regardless of what phone you are on and how it handles Exchange (which I no longer use, we recently switched to Google Apps for Business). Touchdown isolates your Exchange rules to just the app instead of the entire phone, so your company cannot erase your personal data and you can run your device without a PIN if you want (something I do in certain situations).
    I couldn't agree more. I also don't really think it's expensive for what you get. I bought it about 3 years ago. If I stopped using today(I'm not), it would have cost me less that $7 per year. For an app that I use all day, every day, I am totally cool with that. That's for me though. If your work email is not a priority for you then maybe that's a lot of money. I just like to know that I can get my email when, how and where I want it. The app has never failed me and it gets better all the time.

Sent from my Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I also don't really think it's expensive for what you get. I bought it about 3 years ago. If I stopped using today(I'm not), it would have cost me less that $7 per year. For an app that I use all day, every day, I am totally cool with that. That's for me though. If your work email is not a priority for you then maybe that's a lot of money. I just like to know that I can get my email when, how and where I want it. The app has never failed me and it gets better all the time.

Sent from my Moto X
    I agree that it is totally worth what they charge, but to someone who hasn't used it and is used to free-$2.99 apps, $20 might sound like a big amount to spend on an app.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Yep. My company can't wipe my phone completely.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo