Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NoAck
  • 1 Post By Lynx
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Default Moto X Arrived!

I ordered 2 Moto Xs on Saturday evening (12/14). Both of them arrived yesterday. I ordered Cherry back, black front, silver accents. I was very excited to get it. Opened it up and it was Blue black, Black Front, orange accents, and had the initials KWF on it. Like wtf. My wife opens hers and hers looked like it had been dropped. No worries though, called Moto today and they are taking care of hers immediately. They said they needed to investigate where my phone is and get back to me lol. We shall see what happens.

Other then those issues I think the phones are great! They work well and its a nice change of pace from the iPhone 5s. However I will say that its definitely not as smooth as the iPhone was, but the customization is fantastic. So many more options now than there was when I got my GNex 2 years ago!

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Moto X Arrived!

Keep us updated
    It's great that they're acknowledging the issue

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Keep us updated
    It's great that they're acknowledging the issue

Ya I opened it last night and just laughed. I knew something like this would happen to me it always does lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    I ordered 2 Moto Xs on Saturday evening (12/14). Both of them arrived yesterday. I ordered Cherry back, black front, silver accents. I was very excited to get it. Opened it up and it was Blue black, Black Front, orange accents, and had the initials KWF on it. Like wtf. My wife opens hers and hers looked like it had been dropped. No worries though, called Moto today and they are taking care of hers immediately. They said they needed to investigate where my phone is and get back to me lol. We shall see what happens.

Other then those issues I think the phones are great! They work well and its a nice change of pace from the iPhone 5s. However I will say that its definitely not as smooth as the iPhone was, but the customization is fantastic. So many more options now than there was when I got my GNex 2 years ago!
    I'm sorry this happened to you, but it seems like you have a good attitude about the whole thing. Did your wife's phone have a cracked screen or scuffed body? What were the indicators that it may have been dropped?

Just curious because mine is set to arrive today and I want to prepare myself for whatever I might find when I open the box!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ethertwist View Post
    I'm sorry this happened to you, but it seems like you have a good attitude about the whole thing. Did your wife's phone have a cracked screen or scuffed body? What were the indicators that it may have been dropped?

Just curious because mine is set to arrive today and I want to prepare myself for whatever I might find when I open the box!
    The corner was dented and scuffed. Aside from that it works fine.
    Thanked by:

Sucks that happen to yours. My order came Saturday and was what I ordered and no damage or anything. Glad to hear Motorola is going to fix it.

I think this is the first person I've read this happening to. I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

If mine says "lynx" I'll know who to send it to.

Lynx likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoAck View Post
    If mine says "lynx" I'll know who to send it to.

LMAO I didnt customize mine with a name. But I about choked on my drink in my office. People are looking at me weird.

What was funny was the guy at Motorola asked me for the IMEI number. When I gave it to him he goes "Ok please hold. (maybe 30 seconds of silence) That is not the phone you were supposed to receive."

I replied "Ya the blue back and KWH initials gave it away to me, but I am glad you verified my concerns."

He was super helpful though so I cant complain!
    Thanked by:
    UJ95x 
    weksa likes this.

Global Posts
    3,242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Major bummer!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Glad they're taking care of it quickly. Android OS is much better these days.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Let us know, with pics when you get your phone

Hopefully Moto throws in some goodies as well. When I talked to them they gave me a $25 google play card

Sorry to hear about the mixup....I also received my new Moto X yesterday and am thrilled! Still learning all the features, etc but it is a fun learning experience.