Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Active Display - question

Is there a way to turn off the soft vibration/haptic feedback you get when unlocking the phone from Active Display? Maybe I'm missing something really simple, but I cannot find it anywhere in Settings. I've got haptic feedback disabled for everything on my phone except this. There must be a way ... ?

Thanks!

Default Re: Active Display - question

Go to settings >> sound >> deselect vibrate on touch

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post

It is deselected. And I'm still getting the vibration. I'm on 4.4.

Dunno then. I just did this and mine doesn't vibrate when I unlock it now. Running 4.4

Dunno then. I just did this and mine doesn't vibrate when I unlock it now. Running 4.4

It doesn't when you unlock it with a slide to the right, but when unlocking downward it still does vibrate as the OP suggests. I'm not sure there's any way to disable it though.

Nexus 5/Moto X
    Nexus 5/Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    Is there a way to turn off the soft vibration/haptic feedback you get when unlocking the phone from Active Display? Maybe I'm missing something really simple, but I cannot find it anywhere in Settings. I've got haptic feedback disabled for everything on my phone except this. There must be a way ... ?

Thanks!
    I got rid of it by:

Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard > Vibrate on keypress (unchecked)

I use pin tho.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    It doesn't when you unlock it with a slide to the right, but when unlocking downward it still does vibrate as the OP suggests. I'm not sure there's any way to disable it though.

Nexus 5/Moto X
    That is correct. You don't get the vibration when sliding to the right - just when you unlock sliding downward.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Nidwow View Post
    I got rid of it by:

Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard > Vibrate on keypress (unchecked)

I use pin tho.
    It's unchecked on mine as well. No help. Not sure what "pin" is, though .... ?

It's unchecked on mine as well. No help. Not sure what "pin" is, though .... ?
    Oh, I am using pins number to unlock my phone. I got in to a habit of pressing the power button to bring up the keypad so I can enter the pins. I see you post above you just using sliding downward to unclock. Never tried that.

My wifes was doing that and mine was not. I have only Dial pad touch tones and she had a couple more. Turned off all below the Dial pad touch tones and it fixed hers. Chris

Thanks!
    I really wish there was. That's the only thing thats kinda bothering me. Seems like it would be much smoother and save some battery to be able to turn it off.