Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Active Display - question

    Is there a way to turn off the soft vibration/haptic feedback you get when unlocking the phone from Active Display? Maybe I'm missing something really simple, but I cannot find it anywhere in Settings. I've got haptic feedback disabled for everything on my phone except this. There must be a way ... ?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Go to settings >> sound >> deselect vibrate on touch

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    Go to settings >> sound >> deselect vibrate on touch

    Posted via Android Central App
    It is deselected. And I'm still getting the vibration. I'm on 4.4.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Dunno then. I just did this and mine doesn't vibrate when I unlock it now. Running 4.4

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    Dunno then. I just did this and mine doesn't vibrate when I unlock it now. Running 4.4

    Posted via Android Central App
    It doesn't when you unlock it with a slide to the right, but when unlocking downward it still does vibrate as the OP suggests. I'm not sure there's any way to disable it though.

    Nexus 5/Moto X
    Nexus 5/Moto X
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    Is there a way to turn off the soft vibration/haptic feedback you get when unlocking the phone from Active Display? Maybe I'm missing something really simple, but I cannot find it anywhere in Settings. I've got haptic feedback disabled for everything on my phone except this. There must be a way ... ?

    Thanks!
    I got rid of it by:

    Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard > Vibrate on keypress (unchecked)

    I use pin tho.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    It doesn't when you unlock it with a slide to the right, but when unlocking downward it still does vibrate as the OP suggests. I'm not sure there's any way to disable it though.

    Nexus 5/Moto X
    That is correct. You don't get the vibration when sliding to the right - just when you unlock sliding downward.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidwow View Post
    I got rid of it by:

    Settings > Language & Input > Google Keyboard > Vibrate on keypress (unchecked)

    I use pin tho.
    It's unchecked on mine as well. No help. Not sure what "pin" is, though .... ?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    It's unchecked on mine as well. No help. Not sure what "pin" is, though .... ?
    Oh, I am using pins number to unlock my phone. I got in to a habit of pressing the power button to bring up the keypad so I can enter the pins. I see you post above you just using sliding downward to unclock. Never tried that.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by QuadForce View Post
    Go to settings >> sound >> deselect vibrate on touch

    Posted via Android Central App
    My wifes was doing that and mine was not. I have only Dial pad touch tones and she had a couple more. Turned off all below the Dial pad touch tones and it fixed hers. Chris
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Active Display - question

    Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    Is there a way to turn off the soft vibration/haptic feedback you get when unlocking the phone from Active Display? Maybe I'm missing something really simple, but I cannot find it anywhere in Settings. I've got haptic feedback disabled for everything on my phone except this. There must be a way ... ?

    Thanks!
    I really wish there was. That's the only thing thats kinda bothering me. Seems like it would be much smoother and save some battery to be able to turn it off.

Similar Threads

  1. another couple of questions please...
    By brick58 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 03:54 PM
  2. Victory / Virgin Mobile Essentials question
    By dianehelen in forum Samsung Galaxy Victory
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 09:56 AM
  3. Voice activation
    By t1234 in forum Moto G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2013, 08:32 AM
  4. Which App question?
    By joedm126 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 09:55 PM
  5. Hey Home Screen Question
    By Marc Kaluza in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 04:48 PM

Posting Permissions