Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djr7572
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Active Display - sleep time

My active Display continues to "breathe" during it's sleeping hours. Could this be a bug? Or did I overlook something in Settings maybe? Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks
    Last edited by djr7572; 12-19-2013 at 04:17 PM.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Re: Active Display - sleep time

You know what, I thought I was the only person that noticed this but you are totally correct and I would like an explanation too.......

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Interesting. Mine used to "breathe" but ever since KitKat, it does not unless there is an active notification. Actually, I find this to be desirable behavior..... I never saw the point of the display breathing just to show the time since I rarely was looking at the right time and it just wasted a little battery. If there is an active notification, it does breathe, and more frequently than I remember it doing pre-Kit Kat.

Paul
    Last edited by pgoelz; 12-20-2013 at 06:54 PM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
    Interesting. Mine used to "breathe" but ever since KitKat, it does not unless there is an active notification. Actually, I find this to be desirable behavior..... I never saw to point of the display breathing just to show the time since I rarely was looking at the right time and it just wasted a little battery. If there is an active notification, it does breathe, and more frequently than I remember it doing pre-Kit Kat.

Paul
    I'm on 4.4 KitKat as well, and mine is breathing constantly - notification or not. But it's not supposed to breathe at all during the times you set it to sleep. That's the problem.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

Mine has always breathed during sleep. However is connected to the dock. It's in Daydream mode also during sleep time and since I use it as an alarm clock I like the function.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    Mine has always breathed during sleep. However is connected to the dock. It's in Daydream mode also during sleep time and since I use it as an alarm clock I like the function.

Posted via Android Central App
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding this. In Settings it says, "Notifications will sleep from xxx - xxx". It doesn't say that Active Display, as a whole, will sleep. Just notifications.

I think I misunderstood how this feature is supposed to work. During sleep mode, just the notifications stop - not the overall display. My fault!
    Thanked by:
    Vaas likes this.