Chrome vs. ?

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently started using Firefox instead of Chrome on my X. So far, I'm not impressed. If you use a browser other than Chrome, what's your feedback?

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Dolphin. Took a little while to learn its features but I still come back to it after trying others.

Sent from my Hyperdriven SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Puffin is great too. Especially its built-in Flash support. I find that it full desktop pages (none of that mobile stuff unless you explicitly request it) very fast.

Optimus G Pro

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently started using Firefox instead of Chrome on my X. So far, I'm not impressed. If you use a browser other than Chrome, what's your feedback?

you could try chrome beta.. many use it as their daily driver

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
you could try chrome beta.. many use it as their daily driver

I use Chrome Beta because I'm a feature who're. It works great for me.

I refuse to use dolphin or puffin because I do not trust sea mammals or sea birds or anything beating their names.

Posted via Android Central App

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I use Chrome Beta because I'm a feature who're. It works great for me.

I refuse to use dolphin or puffin because I do not trust sea mammals or sea birds or anything beating their names.

What's the difference between Chrome & Chrome Beta??

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I use Chrome Beta. I actually prefer the interface and gestures on Boat Browser but the tab syncing keeps me on Chrome instead of any 3rd party browsers.

ljxdaly

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Next Browser.
i'm a fan of next browser as well. not a fan of chrome or chrome beta. i haven't used dolphin in quite some time....i might give it a spin again. can't remember why i stopped using dolphin, but it must have pissed me off somehow.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

It helps if you explain why you're not impressed. Firefox is very powerful, but you have to utilize its features. Most if not all browsers for Android are Webkit based, Firefox use it's own Gecko rendering engine which isn't exactly known for speed. I wouldn't use Firefox for speed, but there are a lot you can do to customize it to your liking. Also Mozilla have a good record of privacy respect for its users. Dolphin privacy policy probably have improved, they're coming out with a "incognito mode" version of their browser as well, but there were controversies in the past.

Personally since the first day I used Naked Browser for Android, I haven't gone back to any other browser.

You can try AOSP stock Browser which some dev put on the playstore now. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../details?id=me.android.browser&token=zlQwmvtb

Last edited:

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Puffin is great too. Especially its built-in Flash support. I find that it full desktop pages (none of that mobile stuff unless you explicitly request it) very fast.

Optimus G Pro

Free or paid version? Flash in the one thing I've been missing. Haven't tried to side load it though either.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Free or paid version? Flash in the one thing I've been missing. Haven't tried to side load it though either.

The free version is pretty nice and offers the full version's features until 12/31 so it may be worth giving a test drive. I really like it as it not only renders Flash well but DOES NOT render that funky yucky mobile versions of web sites (unless you explicitly ask for them). So far I'm quite impressed and wonder what took ME so long to discover it.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What's the difference between Chrome & Chrome Beta??

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Chrome Beta gets all of the new features and updates first, as it is the Beta test version of Chorme. I had already been using the Chrome data compression feature for 4 or 6 weeks when it went main stream, and on beta it was available to everyone at once instead of a staged rollout. The beta version is usually 1-2 months ahead of the "stable" release.

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The speed issue you mentioned is #1. Specifically when rendering video. Mind you I have strong Wifi and/or 4G 70-80% of my day

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have speed issues on the Nexus so I'm still using Chrome on it. On my other phone I use Firefox. The stock browser always gave me problems. I haven't tried the others. I'm fine with the features in FF and Chrome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I use Dolphin, Chrome, and Opera. They all seem to render the same to me. I used Dolphin mostly for the simple reason that I can swipe from the left hand side of the screen to pull up bookmarks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463