1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

So I've been slightly frustrated with my X for a little while. I've worked with several Moto X engineers running debugs and looking into a stuttering that I get when changing screens from time to time and most commonly when scrolling web pages and social networks G+ & Facebook. Facebook is so bad that I stopped using the app because every time I flipped my thumb to scroll a few lines down it would quickly catch, pause and resume. I always thought it was the app because G+ does the same thing. I don't know if its kit Kat or what but even while swipe texting it gets all glitchy at times. Its subtle but noticeable & I don't think it should be that way.

Last night I was using my buddies Nexus 4 and I was testing out how those apps ran on his phone. Butter smooth to my surprise. Even when G+ didn't have the photos completely loaded it still scrolled seamlessly it just didn't display the photos. Mine will pause and chop through a feed that isn't completely loaded. Facebook was exactly the same on his nexus. SMOOTH.

So I pulled the trigger on another Moto X because I honestly feel like it shouldn't be doing what its doing. I'm hoping that the heating issue I had with the phone early on may have caused some internal issues (it would reach temps of 126 degrees) the nexus 4 and moto x have a lot of similarities and Brian's review on Anandtech shows the Nexus quite a ways behind the moto especially on I/O speed so here's to hoping.

Vent over!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,528 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Nexus 4 smoother?

I haven't a Nexus 4, but the X is buttery smooth all around from my experience. Everyone who has one has said they have never had it stutter either, here's to hoping it was just the first X you got
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    I haven't a Nexus 4, but the X is buttery smooth all around from my experience. Everyone who has one has said they have never had it stutter either, here's to hoping it was just the first X you got
    Yah that's what I'm saying. Ive had another one with a defective speaker and I don't remember it acting this way!

weird.. i own both N4 and Moto X... they both are buttery smooth....

maybe its just some glitch because of the update
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

Yea, I haven't had any issues like that. Did you try doing a factory reset after updating to KitKat?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    Yea, I haven't had any issues like that. Did you try doing a factory reset after updating to KitKat?
    Yes several times.. This happened with 4.2 as well. It doesn't do it all the time either. If I'm using it a lot its more likely to do it. So that's why I'm wondering If it's heat related. If the phone is cold it seems to work smoother with less gitter. I wanted a X in different colors anyway so I don't feel at a loss buying another. If its in fact faulty I can send the phone now to some engineers to see and experience first hand.

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    Yes several times.. This happened with 4.2 as well. It doesn't do it all the time either. If I'm using it a lot its more likely to do it. So that's why I'm wondering If it's heat related. If the phone is cold it seems to work smoother with less gitter. I wanted a X in different colors anyway so I don't feel at a loss buying another. If its in fact faulty I can send the phone now to some engineers to see and experience first hand.

It definitely seems like something's amiss. Hope you have better luck with your new one.