1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google sync issue - please help

I deleted my current Google account because I wanted to change my username. So, on my PC, I created a new Google account. This seems to have really confused my Moto X. I thought that simply logging out of all my Google apps on my phone and signing in again under my new username would be simple ... but I'm running into some issues. I'm getting a message from Google Drive Synchronisation - "Cannot obtain required authentication". So, I can't log into anything ... GMail, Play, +, etc. I tried rebooting - no help.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Google sync issue - please help

Maybe try adding both accounts to your moto x.

Posted via Android Central App
    Moto X | T-Mobile | 139.12.57.ghost_row.Retail.en.US
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by morphodone View Post
    Maybe try adding both accounts to your moto x.

I only have 1. I cancelled the original one.

Time to start over then because everything on your phone is connected to the original email apps contacts calendar the works best to save contacts to your carrier and wipe and start over

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by stameyryan View Post
    Time to start over then because everything on your phone is connected to the original email apps contacts calendar the works best to save contacts to your carrier and wipe and start over

Where in Settings do I find the wipe and start over option? And will I do any damage to the phone by doing that? What can I expect to see once that's finished? I'm guessing I'll have to re-download all of the apps I paid for, too. Ok, big mistake - I shouldn't have done that.

Settings then backup and reset.. It will bring it back to brand new condition erasing everything including pics and texts call history

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Settings then backup and reset.. It will bring it back to brand new condition erasing everything including pics and texts call history

So, "Factory Data Reset"?

Yes that's correct unfortunately that's really the only way

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes that's correct unfortunately that's really the only way

Will i have to reactivate the phone with Verizon all over again or will that not be necessary?

That will not be necessary it will reboot ask you for the usual language email address blah blah blah I reset mine at least once every 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    I'm guessing I'll have to re-download all of the apps I paid for, too. Ok, big mistake - I shouldn't have done that.
    All of those purchases are tied to the original account, so it may not simply be a case of redownloading those apps. You may have to buy them all over again.

Hope you saved all your contacts, too...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Oh, I already know I'll have to re-purchase all the apps. Fortunately, I didn't have that many yet. One thing's for sure, I won't be changing my e-mail again anytime soon. And if I do, I'll be sure to back everything up first. Clearly I did not think this through before pulling the trigger. Lesson learned!

Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    Oh, I already know I'll have to re-purchase all the apps. Fortunately, I didn't have that many yet. One thing's for sure, I won't be changing my e-mail again anytime soon. And if I do, I'll be sure to back everything up first. Clearly I did not think this through before pulling the trigger. Lesson learned!
    You can add more than one account through the play store to get all the apps you already own.

I load my gmail account in okay store on my gf phone so she can use my all access music subscription.

So load the new account at start up then go into play and add the old account and you should be good.

Thanked by:
    weksa 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    You can add more than one account through the play store to get all the apps you already own.

I load my gmail account in okay store on my gf phone so she can use my all access music subscription.

So load the new account at start up then go into play and add the old account and you should be good.

Thanks!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

All squared away. Thanks everybody!

I recived a message from Google about authentication required.... after my Samsung S4 updated. Now I cannot access Google Chrome, Google Play, etc, a few of my applications were deleted as well. Everytime I tried to enter the same old email I used , it is unable to sync and it says they have a problem blah blah blah....Please help.