1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Moto X Won't Power On

Haven't dropped it. No water damage. Just went off today in my pocket when I had half a charge and hasn't come back on. Hooking it up to the charger does nothing. Anything else to try or will I just be going back to Sprint tomorrow for a replacement? It was acting a little weird since the 4.4 update..

Also, I have my old phone. Does it cost anything to activate it to use it in the mean while?

Thanks

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

Default Re: Moto X Won't Power On

How long has it been plugged in?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

About 20 minutes or so.. no indicator on screen of charging. It's a paperweight right now.

*EDIT*

Straight from moto site:

Press and hold the Power button for 7 - 10 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

For anyone that runs into the same problem in the future.. def takes a good 10 seconds. Mine is back on now thank the stars

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtndewgood View Post
    About 20 minutes or so.. no indicator on screen of charging. It's a paperweight right now.

*EDIT*

Straight from moto site:

Press and hold the Power button for 7 - 10 seconds, the device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence.

For anyone that runs into the same problem in the future.. def takes a good 10 seconds. Mine is back on now thank the stars
    My bad, I assumed you had tried that. In the past, my devices that have completely drained batteries took several, several minutes on a charger to turn back on.

Glad you got it up and running!

Posted via Android Central App

My phone has shut down like this several times when it has a good charge. Any suggestions as to why this happens? I have cleared cache per direction from Motorola.

Phew, I almost freaked out.

Has this issue. Wouldn't power on after battery drained and was charged for an hour +. Then finally powered on but would not boot correctly... Kept stopping at the Verizon screen. Did a few cache clears and factory resets and wouldn't fix it. Verizon and Motorola sent me a brand new one. Funny thing... Decided to test it again before sending it back and it turned on fine.

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerpsDaTerps View Post
    Has this issue. Wouldn't power on after battery drained and was charged for an hour +. Then finally powered on but would not boot correctly... Kept stopping at the Verizon screen. Did a few cache clears and factory resets and wouldn't fix it. Verizon and Motorola sent me a brand new one. Funny thing... Decided to test it again before sending it back and it turned on fine.
    Ha. Sounds like something that would happen to me.