Call recorder for Moto X

Kumar T

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Please advise ways or workarounds to record calls on Moto X. Any help would be appreciated. I need to be able to record international phone calls (I do record only family ones with permission), and can't use google voice.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kumar T

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Call recorder Moto x

None of the apps specified work for Moto X. Please let me know if there is any other way around for this model.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Re: Call recorder Moto X

I bought Easy Voice Recorder Pro to test its ability to record phone calls. While it did record the other party, the quality and volume of the recording made it apparent that it's simply recording the other party by using the microphone on the phone, not via some internal audio channel. If you MUST record a call, it will get the job done, but I'd keep looking for something else, though my guess is nothing will work better without root.

dakid2k6

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I bought Easy Voice Recorder Pro to test its ability to record phone calls. While it did record the other party, the quality and volume of the recording made it apparent that it's simply recording the other party by using the microphone on the phone, not via some internal audio channel. If you MUST record a call, it will get the job done, but I'd keep looking for something else, though my guess is nothing will work better without root.

That's great advice. I guess I will bite the bullet and buy the app.

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site

I just downloaded Total Call Recorder free version to see if it works. One review said it works great for Moto X. Hopefully I will remember to jump in tomorrow after having tried it and let you know.

MotoXDude

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
This is freaking annoying. I need to be able to record telephone interviews for the newspaper. Why don't any of these call recorder apps work on the Moto X? I have to do an interview at 4 this afternoon, and I have no idea how I'm going to record it! None of these apps work.

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

So Total Call Recorder didn't work, then?

I just finished working with Killer Mobile in their forum and it now works with a rooted Moto X. Works on my rooted Verizon Developer Edition, at least. Full volume on both sides. It's only been a couple of days, so I don't know if the special build they gave me is in the Play Store yet.

The same forum thread indicated that it no longer works with a non-rooted Moto X (due to some bug in Kit Kat or on Motorola's side?--sorry, too hard to check the exact reason now while on my phone).