1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Default Moto X camera apps??

We all know the camera isn't the best but there's also not a lot of options to play with. To start I'm not a big fan of the touch to take picture and I know there's the option of dragging the circle to focus but still. Also you can't change the ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 which bothers me a little. So I was looking for any good camera apps for the Moto X, you guys know any??

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Moto X camera apps??

Quote Originally Posted by shoii View Post
    We all know the camera isn't the best but there's also not a lot of options to play with. To start I'm not a big fan of the touch to take picture and I know there's the option of dragging the circle to focus but still. Also you can't change the ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 which bothers me a little. So I was looking for any good camera apps for the Moto X, you guys know any??

Camera ZOOM FX and Camera MX.

try these Camera ZOOM FX is one of the best

Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    Camera ZOOM FX and Camera MX.

try these Camera ZOOM FX is one of the best

I tried MX and I didn't like the UI. Is camera ZOOM any good??

Quote Originally Posted by shoii View Post
    I tried MX and I didn't like the UI. Is camera ZOOM any good??

reviews about Camera ZOOM FX is generally positive... its on sale right now... you can buy it and try it... if you dont like it you can refund with in 15 min
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

I'm also looking for a good 3rd party camera app and people have recommended VSCO and Camera Awesome to me. I'm looking for something that's fairly simple to use.

I usually just use the stock camera app but the ones mentioned, I've heard, are good. A nice one is Snapseed. It's not an actual camera app, but an editing app. Very simple and easy to use if you're interested. I use it all of the time.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis... View Post
    I usually just use the stock camera app but the ones mentioned, I've heard, are good. A nice one is Snapseed. It's not an actual camera app, but an editing app. Very simple and easy to use if you're interested. I use it all of the time.

Snapseed is a nice app. I enjoyed using it on my HTC phone. But isn't it basically built into the gallery app now just with a more basic UI? (Google bought Snapseed.) If you're willing to give up the UI, you have one less app to deal with.

Sent from my Moto X
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

I've been messing around with Vignette today. I think it strikes a nice balance between features and an intuitive UI.

Quote Originally Posted by dmark44 View Post
    Snapseed is a nice app. I enjoyed using it on my HTC phone. But isn't it basically built into the gallery app now just with a more basic UI? (Google bought Snapseed.) If you're willing to give up the UI, you have one less app to deal with.

Sent from my Moto X
    I was unaware of all of this. Thanks a lot!

I'm curious if anyone has done a photo quality comparison between all of these apps to see if there was any difference in the kind of photos they could achieve with the hardware. Anyone know?
    If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGator View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has done a photo quality comparison between all of these apps to see if there was any difference in the kind of photos they could achieve with the hardware. Anyone know?
    I haven't done any photo comparisons, because I just use the stock camera. It works pretty good. But you could check out the apps, do some comparisons for yourself, and let us know.