Anyone use the S11-HD or S11-Flex HD Wireless Headphones or Buds that Motorola now has on sale?

Miamagn

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering what your experience has been like with any of these?
Anyone with smaller ears use them? How do they fit? are they comfortable? Might they fall out if you"re pounding the pavement a lot or ears getting sweaty?
I am particularly interested in using them working out and running outside.
Also, how well do the controls work -- can you skip tracks with them, forward and reverse?
How much sound do they block out? Outside, I feel I need to be able to hear some ambient noise when I'm on the street.
Good value on sale?

I don't currently use wireless headphones, but think they might be a better option for workouts --- esp. after a particularly "George Jetson" moment on a treadmill with wired buds!:p

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't have much experience with Motorola headphones in recent years but if you're looking for a workout headphone check out the Jaybird Freedom. Bluetooth, multiple fits and great sound.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the s11 flex HD and in use them all the time while at work and I really like them

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the S10-HDs.

Posted via Android Central App

I have two pairs of these (refurbished from Woot) that I've had for a while, like over a year. All in all, they're pretty good. I have not used them in a while but battery life was good, about 7-10 hours depending on volume (which is good to me) and audio quality was good. Not great, but good. Volume could definitely be better but mine are loud enough for the gym.

I have not tried them with the MX, but my only complaint using them with my GNex was that they really seemed to chug a lot more battery than I thought they should. I would lose 20% - 30% an hour. I know the GNex was not a beacon for good battery life, but that usage was batty to me.

Take all that with a grain of salt of course. All in all, mine are solid. The build quality with one is noticeably better than the other. My first pair seemed to use a crappy glue and the rubber grips on them fell apart, I assume from sweat. The second pair was much better.

Posted via Android Central App

mclaser

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've used the S10 HD for over a year mostly during rode and mountain biking, and for practicing playing congas. The sound is pretty good. The buttons are kind of hard to press, especially with gloves on. You can accept a phone call while riding and people seem to hear me fine. -- might need to slow down a little. Don't know if I have small ears or not but I a get a fair amount of wind noise. Of course that's not all bad as I can still hear cars around me, and hear my congas when practicing. The low battery warning is loud and annoying. Very worthwhile investment for me.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't currently use wireless headphones, but think they might be a better option for workouts --- esp. after a particularly "George Jetson" moment on a treadmill with wired buds!:p
The Motorola Buds specifically state they are not waterproof and not meant for working out. The USB charge port has a cover on it, but if you were sweating profusely, I could see the sweat getting into it given its placement. I also think the collar would rub around your neck and irritate your neck if you were moving vigorously.

I have the Buds and they are great for wearing while sitting at a desk or walking around, but not for working out.

Last edited:

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I have used the Motorola S9-HD, Sony HDH-IS800, and currently the Jaybird Bluebuds.

The Motorola had above average sound. The fit could've been a little better for me (but I have an admittedly larger had than most guys my size.)

The plastic band design is a pain when laying against benches and circuit equipment. For running, I was pleasantly surprised that when worn the right way, there was very little bounce.

The biggest downfall for me was the Bluetooth reception. If you plan to use an armband you're OK. The bluetooth receiver will be behind your neck, and it did not work well with where I keep my phone. When I run, I use a spi-belt to keep my phone at my waist, and when I walk, I keep it in my front pocket (rear pocket didn't help reception much.)

The S9's had a nice full sound and packed pretty solid bass. Unlike most buds that lose most bass when not fitted securely, the Motorola kept a pretty full sound as long as the buds were on your ears, in fact it's the mids and highs that lose a little impact. That's a good thing since it's hard plastic and can't be adjusted much.

I really was amazed at the fullness of the sound. My problem was the short Bluetooth range didn't work for me.

I loved my Sony's for feeling non-existent when wearing them. They weren't sweat-proof though sweating never caused me a problem. They got destroyed when I got caught in a heavy downpour.

The Jaybirds are the best overall for sound, Bluetooth range and battery life. They're expensive, the buds are a bit bulky and the band is "heavy" and prone to bounce. I borrowed a little clip from my Sony's to clip the band to the back of my shirt collar, otherwise it bounces way too much. I only love them so much thanks to that clip!

Sent from my Moto X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463