help. screen broked !!

lucianoxxx

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
hello, my screen broke moto x, the display and touch are healthy, only gorilla glass broke, my question is this, anyone know if I could change just the glass? because I have two options when buying the parts, the first is the full display, and the second option is just the glass ahead, but my question is regarding the digitizer, which is stuck? purchased separately? or should come with glass? thank you!

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If you clearly know that its just the glass that is broke, go ahead and buy just the glass. You will need to heat the glue around the edges of the screen fod you to get the old one off and the new one on.
However....

If the digitizer is shot, you are quite in between a rock and a hard place. This is because a digitizer can usually cost as much as the phone itself.
What i would do is to take off the glass and see if the piece beneath it is cracked(the digitizer) if it isn't you are fine. If it is, you know where to go from there.

Cheers mate!

I find your lack of faith in android disturbing.

lucianoxxx

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I do not understand if the digitizer is a solid plate or adhesive film?? if wanting to change the glass will break the digitizer or have chance to save

darth android

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The digitizer is a thin plate with the thin film of the actual screen, per say, on top. It is EXTREMELY fragile, hence, it being covered by a piece of glass. If you do find it is just the glass broke, remove the glass and before you put the new one on, take a small piece of painters tape, wrap it around your finger and clean the digitizer. If anything is left under there and you pit the new glass on, your screen will "respond" to that piece of dirt, not knowing it isn't your finger and ruining your user experience.

Cheers!

I find your lack of faith in android disturbing.