Moto X: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

ap3604

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Moto X (republic wireless) and love the device so far but one thing is bugging the hell out of me : the haptic vibration every time I use active display :mad:

I've gone into settings -> active display or settings -> sound, but see no option on how to turn off the vibration every time active display comes on and I press on the screen :(

Also when you press the actual power button to turn on the display so you can then unlock the device it doesn't vibrate.

If anyone knows how to turn off this first world problem I'd appreciate it.

p.s. Yes... I already know I'm OCD ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

Settings, sound, unclick items below "default notification sound"

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

I just got the Moto X (republic wireless) and love the device so far but one thing is bugging the hell out of me : the haptic vibration every time I use active display :mad:

I've gone into settings -> active display or settings -> sound, but see no option on how to turn off the vibration every time active display comes on and I press on the screen :(

Also when you press the actual power button to turn on the display so you can then unlock the device it doesn't vibrate.

If anyone knows how to turn off this first world problem I'd appreciate it.

p.s. Yes... I already know I'm OCD ;)

I'm not ocd in the least and I feel the same. Hate it. And often wake with the power button so I don't have to feel it. Ugh. And no, there's no way to turn it off.

Posted via Android Central App

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Look again!

Attachments

• 1388283682211.jpg
    1388283682211.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 101

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Look again!

Its the slide unlock that is the issue, unless I'm reading his post incorrectly.

Everything with the word vibrate is turned off my moto, has no effect on the vibrate on slide unlock from active display screen.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Look again!

That "vibrate on touch" has no effect on the vibration one gets when unlocking/checking notifications via active display. There is no way to disable it, however after the Kit Kat update, it is noticeably weaker (which I find to be a good thing)

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

OK, that had never bothered me. I only used the phone for thirty minutes getting it updated to KitKat. So I don't know how it was before. Sorry Chris

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

That "vibrate on touch" has no effect on the vibration one gets when unlocking/checking notifications via active display. There is no way to disable it, however after the Kit Kat update, it is noticeably weaker (which I find to be a good thing)

:)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes! :D!!

party.gif

what a difference that makes. :D

achiquitachaser

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately for those with Republic wireless we don't have Kitkat yet to take advantage of the update

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Except that now after months of having active display vibrate, I got used to it and wish there was a separate option to leave that on while having vibration for on screen buttons set to off...

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Except that now after months of having active display vibrate, I got used to it and wish there was a separate option to leave that on while having vibration for on screen buttons set to off...

Yeah, why didn't they keep it a separate option?