Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By paisley99
  • 1 Post By gabbott
  • 1 Post By JoeNM84
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

Default Moto X: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

I just got the Moto X (republic wireless) and love the device so far but one thing is bugging the hell out of me : the haptic vibration every time I use active display

I've gone into settings -> active display or settings -> sound, but see no option on how to turn off the vibration every time active display comes on and I press on the screen

Also when you press the actual power button to turn on the display so you can then unlock the device it doesn't vibrate.

If anyone knows how to turn off this first world problem I'd appreciate it.

p.s. Yes... I already know I'm OCD
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Default Re: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

Settings, sound, unclick items below "default notification sound"

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    I just got the Moto X (republic wireless) and love the device so far but one thing is bugging the hell out of me : the haptic vibration every time I use active display

I've gone into settings -> active display or settings -> sound, but see no option on how to turn off the vibration every time active display comes on and I press on the screen

Also when you press the actual power button to turn on the display so you can then unlock the device it doesn't vibrate.

If anyone knows how to turn off this first world problem I'd appreciate it.

p.s. Yes... I already know I'm OCD
    I'm not ocd in the least and I feel the same. Hate it. And often wake with the power button so I don't have to feel it. Ugh. And no, there's no way to turn it off.

Posted via Android Central App

Look again!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.-1388283682211.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by snoking View Post
    Look again!

Its the slide unlock that is the issue, unless I'm reading his post incorrectly.

Everything with the word vibrate is turned off my moto, has no effect on the vibrate on slide unlock from active display screen.

Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by snoking View Post
    Look again!

That "vibrate on touch" has no effect on the vibration one gets when unlocking/checking notifications via active display. There is no way to disable it, however after the Kit Kat update, it is noticeably weaker (which I find to be a good thing)
    Ry likes this.

OK, that had never bothered me. I only used the phone for thirty minutes getting it updated to KitKat. So I don't know how it was before. Sorry Chris

Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    That "vibrate on touch" has no effect on the vibration one gets when unlocking/checking notifications via active display. There is no way to disable it, however after the Kit Kat update, it is noticeably weaker (which I find to be a good thing)

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Vicious JB V3/ Franco

Default Re: Moto X: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

Update: Wish granted!

Default Re: Moto X: Hate the vibration every time I use active display, want it to go away for good.

Yes! !!

what a difference that makes.

Unfortunately for those with Republic wireless we don't have Kitkat yet to take advantage of the update

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

Except that now after months of having active display vibrate, I got used to it and wish there was a separate option to leave that on while having vibration for on screen buttons set to off...

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    Except that now after months of having active display vibrate, I got used to it and wish there was a separate option to leave that on while having vibration for on screen buttons set to off...
    Yeah, why didn't they keep it a separate option?
    jlgraham likes this.