music starts itself when I have the phone in my pocket

MichaelRjr

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm having various problems with my Moto X -- but the one I can't figure out is that music starts itself when I have it in my pocket.

First it was Spotify turning on, then this week it was Pandora. and now Google Music. The Moto X seems to do this when I am driving or as a passenger in a car (I don't need this to auto play music then). I disabled the Moto Assist, tapped the Driving section and turned off the "Resume music play." After that, no problem. I do like the "Resume music play." but its annoying if I am a passenger in a car. Wondering if there is a way to have the Resume music play only if it is connected to bluetooth?

Thanks All

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an X (I do have -exes, but that's a whole different story...) ANYWAY...

Yes, I don't have an X, but if you check your settings under the Driving settings, I would think that there should be a setting to enable it to only turn on when its connected to Bluetooth. Another place ot check would be under your Bluetooth settings. I remember reading about "Trusted devices" for bluetooth. Perhaps if you have the car set as a "trusted device" with Driving only turning on when bluetooth is linked, that will solve it? I'm just taking guesses here... but hopefully someone who actually has an X will be able to help you out more...

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible that it's somehow linked to GPS? Letting it know when you're moving at faster rates of speed?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you're really in a movie and that is your soundtrack playing as you move around and do stuff.

(Just a little Sunday morning silliness. Sorry I can't add anything useful here.)

flipponater

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have an X (I do have -exes, but that's a whole different story...) ANYWAY...

Yes, I don't have an X, but if you check your settings under the Driving settings, I would think that there should be a setting to enable it to only turn on when its connected to Bluetooth. Another place ot check would be under your Bluetooth settings. I remember reading about "Trusted devices" for bluetooth. Perhaps if you have the car set as a "trusted device" with Driving only turning on when bluetooth is linked, that will solve it? I'm just taking guesses here... but hopefully someone who actually has an X will be able to help you out more...

Haha on the exes comment..i lol'd

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wondering if there is a way to have the Resume music play only if it is connected to bluetooth?

Thanks All

It looks like this may be in the works. Motorola Contextual Services in the Play Store has been updated to add "support for Bluetooth driving detection". I imagine an update to Motorola Assist that uses this is likely.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, and resolved it by turning off the "resume playing music" option. I can't think of a time when I DO want the phone to start playing music on its own, though, so I'm happy having that feature always off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch