Moto X sim card

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a iphone 4s and I have a Razr Maxx both on Verizon. I was looking at phones today and she noticed the Moto X. I was thinking about getting one used or off contract to let her try it out for a while. Can I take the sim out of hers and put it into the X? What would be the best way to move her stuff to the new phone?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a iphone 4s and I have a Razr Maxx both on Verizon. I was looking at phones today and she noticed the Moto X. I was thinking about getting one used or off contract to let her try it out for a while. Can I take the sim out of hers and put it into the X? What would be the best way to move her stuff to the new phone?

Moto X uses a nano SIM, smaller than what she has now.

Posted via Android Central App

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Either cut her existing sim down to nano size or get a new sim. Then get a nano to micro adapter so she can use the nano sim in her 4s.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wait. Her 4S SIM won't work in the Moto X.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just get s new VZW Sim and switch them back and forth online yourself. Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
So I need to get an adapter first. Just incase she wants to go back. Then go to Verizon and get a new sim card. What's the best way to import her stuff over from a iphone?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So I need to get an adapter first. Just incase she wants to go back. Then go to Verizon and get a new sim card. What's the best way to import her stuff over from a iphone?

Lots of different ways to handle this depending on what you want to transfer and how you handle your pictures, music and other data. But here is an easy way to get going Motorola Migrate by Motorola - A Google Company

You should also have a look at this guide from the Google chairman Eric Schmidt https://plus.google.com/app/basic/stream/z12fjzfxvwnws1e3d23vhni5lybzclmaq04

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

No. You just need to get an LTE nano SIM from Verizon. The SIM currently in her 4S is only for GSM roaming.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae