1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nova Launcher question

For those of you using Nova Launcher … has anyone figured out to create folders within the app drawer? Supposedly this is a feature that's available with this launcher, but I haven't found it yet. I wanna dump all the Verizon bloatware into a folder, but I want the folder to be in the app drawer - not on my home screen. It looks there's an option to "hide" certain apps as well, and I guess this could be an alternate option, but I'm not sure if that's safe to do. I'd like to try dumping them into a folder first if I could figure out how.

Thanks!

Default Re: Nova Launcher question

I believe the Folders in the App Drawer is only available in Nova Prime. I don't use Nova but I believe this is one of the features available if you purchase Nova Prime.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Nova settings > drawer settings > drawer groups

You can add folders and tabs in that area, just play around with it because its a bit clunky how its set up in my opinion.

And hiding apps with nova has no I'll effects other than making them hard to get to. You can very easily un-hide them to bring them back into the drawer.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    I believe the Folders in the App Drawer is only available in Nova Prime. I don't use Nova but I believe this is one of the features available if you purchase Nova Prime.
    Yep, I have Prime …

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raiderep View Post
    Nova settings > drawer settings > drawer groups

You can add folders and tabs in that area, just play around with it because its a bit clunky how its set up in my opinion.
    Thank you

You can also go into your app settings and disable the VZW stuff you don't want. It will disappear from your launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by djr7572 View Post
    For those of you using Nova Launcher … has anyone figured out to create folders within the app drawer? Supposedly this is a feature that's available with this launcher, but I haven't found it yet. I wanna dump all the Verizon bloatware into a folder, but I want the folder to be in the app drawer - not on my home screen. It looks there's an option to "hide" certain apps as well, and I guess this could be an alternate option, but I'm not sure if that's safe to do. I'd like to try dumping them into a folder first if I could figure out how.

Thanks!
    Are you rooted? If you are, Greenify will hibernate any app you want -- meaning it only starts when you specifically start it, and when you close it out it re-hibernates. Meaning you can freeze all that bloatware and it won't use any of your phones RAM or processing power until you actually tap on an app to start it.

Its done wonders for my aging Galaxy Nexus. Certain apps I only want running when I specify, otherwise they need to stay frozen. It helps my phone stay snappy and really helps battery life too.
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile