Roll Call for Verizon GNex Owners - How Many of Us Chose the Moto X?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
You've never even gotten someone to move up your upgrade date? Verizon customer service has always been very good to me. I hear lots of complaining about them, and I never understand where that comes from because I've never had a problem with the level of service I've received.
I haven't been with Verizon long. I was with ATT my whole life except for 2 years with Sprint then back to ATT after that awful experience with Sprint then onto Verizon when it was clear that ATT was going to take a long time to bring 4G LTE to where I live. When I did ask for anything from Verizon, I asked store reps who are complete jerks where I live. But also, by the time I asked for anything, Verizon was trying to get everyone off of unlimited data so if you have unlimited data still and aren't willing to give it up, they aren't going to give you anything. They want us off of unlimited data.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I had my Galaxy Nexus or way too long, constant reboots, bad signal, short battery, unstable, as you all know.

Just received my Moto X and and I am very glad I didn't jump on the other hot phones of the year.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

lisa620

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I am so happy, having replaced my galaxy nexus with the moto x. The galaxy nexus would get hung when I responded to 'group text messages', sometimes sending it days or weeks later.
I love my moto x -- no complaints.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am so happy, having replaced my galaxy nexus with the moto x. The galaxy nexus would get hung when I responded to 'group text messages', sometimes sending it days or weeks later.
I love my moto x -- no complaints.
I had that same problem repeatedly. Love my Moto X, too!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
most Gnexus users would pick Moto X because it's the closest nexus experience phone on verizon
There are still a lot of gnexus users out there waiting for the contract to end around Q1 2014

louisstone

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
8 years is quite a long time to stick with one phone company. I have never been offered special deals by anyone on verizon. The best deals I have gotten have been online (no activation fees, $200 prepaid cards).

I've been with Verizon (they took over Ameritech Cellular) since 1996. They've always gone the extra mile to keep my business. The AYCE talk/text thing made no sense, so I'm still on an old loyalty plan from 6 years ago w/ unlimited data.

So, I was more than happy to buy my Moto X off contract to keep things as they are and save $40/mo off their current family share plan.

Posted from my $150-off Moto X.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Count me as a former GNex user. Got the Moto X for 150 off as well so I could keep my unlimited data. I've been with Verizon for over 11 years and don't get any kind of discount.

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Former GNex user and now Moto X lover here. Lost unlimited but my average monthly use is around 500MB so whatever. 32GB motomaker here.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I went from a VZW Gnex to the Moto X and love the phone. Great battery life and great software. I kept my unlimited data through the upgrade "mistake".

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
*raises hand*

Couldn't get rid of my Galaxy Nexus fast enough. Bought a Moto X within 10 minutes of MotoMaker coming online for Big Red. Paid full-price off-contract. So worth it. So very, very worth it. Verizon can pry my unlimited data from my cold, dead hands.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My brother (who lurks on here) is one of you guys. Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) to Dev Edition (Verizon). He was considering the G2 but the deal Motorola was offering (he needs to keep unlimited) were too good to pass up.

JET4

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus to Moto X, got the $150.00 off so I could keep my unlimited data. Bought two Moto X's one for me and one for my daughter.I was with Alltel when Verizon bought them out. Still have my Alltel plan. I get 15% off through my work.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus to Moto X, got the $150.00 off so I could keep my unlimited data. Bought two Moto X's one for me and one for my daughter.I was with Alltel when Verizon bought them out. Still have my Alltel plan. I get 15% off through my work.
you probably have the cheapest unlimited data verizon plan on earth!

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Me.
I might be giving up my unlimited data and go on a month to month 60$ plan. $100 a month for an unlimited data plan I don't really use is, at this point, dumb. My Gnex was such a turd. I was so happy to get rid of it.

Edit: Did some research and it seems the pay as you go plans are only for 3g phones. No 4g phones on pay as you go. It makes good business sense on Verizon's part because as soon a people's contracts are up they'd be switching to pay as you go.....and as such could go.....to another carrier if they wanted a phone that wasn't available on Verizon.

Last edited:

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Droid Maxx. It is the Moto X + larger screen + wireless charging + huge battery.The X is nice, though. My GNex is collecting dust. I think I should sell it.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I made the swap as well and waited for Moto Maker. I almost grabbed a Maxx, which is a NICE device but I decided I wanted to give MotoMaker a whirl and I hypothesized that the MX would get updates faster since it's on every carrier. Being a Nexus guy that liked these features and knew that rooting and roming couldn't really come into play easily with this device, I let updates win out over wireless charging and the larger battery (I'm near a wall or a car charger most of the day). I'm satisfied with that choice.

For most people on Big Red, I'd tell them to grab the Maxx. That sucker is a really nice device! If it wasn't carrier exclusive, I believe it was be the best Android Device you could get.

I still have my GNex with CM10. I use it for media consumption in hotel stays and it works great for that with a big ole Hyperion hanging off the back. I will probably hold on to it for a backup phone. I really love the MX and I went ahead and set $200 aside if it every needs to go back to have any kind of work on it.

Posted via Android Central App