1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sleeve for moto x

Looking for a nice sleeve so I can ditch my plastic case. I used have a good one for a iPhone 5 from sfbags.com.

Anyone know of a good sleeve that has good protection ? Dodo sleeve looked ok. Anyone have it? Solid protection? I wish sfbags had one for moto x

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: sleeve for moto x

I have the Dodocase sleeve with the pockets and I like it so far. I'm coming from an iPhone 4 in a Snugg case which provided similar functionality, but was much thicker. I think the Dodo sleeve is fairly protective, as the ~2-3mm of fabric beyond the stitching should be fairly impact protective.

Some points: the sleeve was pretty tight at first, but has loosened up nicely over the past few days, and the canvas appears to be wearing a bit as I grab cards out of the pockets. I think it will look good over time, but it won't be as pristine as when you get it. Also, grabbing the phone out of the sleeve takes a bit of getting used to, as you pinch the phone to grab it. Again, easier over time I'm sure.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The one I had from sf bags was also tight so it wouldn't come out of the sleeve. Overtime I didn't notice it.

Protection from drops is my main concern. Didn't see any posting in the dodo do want due out would protect it enough.

I have a Ballistic gel sleeve I picked up for $10 on sale at an ATT store. Just a sleeve but has enlarged corners and the material is pretty thick, can't seem to find it online unfortunately.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

Quote Originally Posted by zobog View Post
    Looking for a nice sleeve so I can ditch my plastic case. I used have a good one for a iPhone 5 from sfbags.com.

Anyone know of a good sleeve that has good protection ? Dodo sleeve looked ok. Anyone have it? Solid protection? I wish sfbags had one for moto x

Try Etsy.com and search for "iPhone sleeve". Nearly every seller will make you a custom sleeve to fit Moto X since they are all hand made to order anyway.

I like these ones:
    Quality sleeves
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Man this phone feels good in the hand without the case.

I need a sleeve soon. Would be a shame to break this work of art.

I found the Ballistics Gel Sleeve I bought, looks like it's only available through AT&T. I got mine on sale at my local store for $10. Has been working really well so far, I love the fact that it has really enlarged corners, feels like it could survive a good drop.

Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL

Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    I found the Ballistics Gel Sleeve I bought, looks like it's only available through AT&T. I got mine on sale at my local store for $10. Has been working really well so far, I love the fact that it has really enlarged corners, feels like it could survive a good drop.

That looks like a case, not sleeve