1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X - assist not coming thru on Bluetooth all the time

Hi. I have the moto x. All is good except when driving With assist on it doesn't always play thru the Bluetooth speaker.

Any ideas.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Default Re: Moto X - assist not coming thru on Bluetooth all the time

Does your car support bluetooth streaming of media? Mine doesn't, so the phone sees it as a bluetooth headset. That means calls go through the the sound system, but music or Moto Assist does not.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Do you have your volume up on phone? If it's on silent them you may not hear anything

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Same here. Mine comes through phone, not vehicle's speakers. I assume it is not going to as I cannot stream music through vehicle's speakers either.

My car does not support media streaming, but Assist still comes through my car speakers. It shows up as a phone call.
    At least it used to, I haven't used it in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ttenpas View Post
    My car does not support media streaming, but Assist still comes through my car speakers. It shows up as a phone call.
    At least it used to, I haven't used it in a while.
    Mine stopped showing up as a phone call after 4.4 Now it does nothing, the phone goes through the assist motions but there is no sound. Maybe if i was on the bluetooth music part of my car it would work. I miss the old way.

That's interesting. I don't think I've used it since I upgraded to 4.4. If that's the case, I might have to go back to 4.2.2 since that's one of the coolest features of this phone. Guess I have to do some testing.

After further testing, I can confirm that text messages no longer come through bluetooth after the 4.4 update. Additionally, the turn-by-turn navigation also no longer comes through bluetooth. As rader023 said, it might work if you were using bluetooth media, but my car doesn't support that. Hopefully Motorola is working on a fix for this.

Quote Originally Posted by ttenpas View Post
    After further testing, I can confirm that text messages no longer come through bluetooth after the 4.4 update. Additionally, the turn-by-turn navigation also no longer comes through bluetooth. As rader023 said, it might work if you were using bluetooth media, but my car doesn't support that. Hopefully Motorola is working on a fix for this.
    As soon as I received the phone, it was updated to 4.4, so unable to test prior to this version, but I can get media (music, podcast) to play through bluetooth in car, but found it out that text messages were not being read out when assist is active.