Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Motorola Assist Battery Drain

Has there been a connection between battery drain and Motorola Assist? I've dropped 30% in battery after 4 hours. That's after a couple texts and a 10 minute call. Battery usage shows Assist using 39% of the battery. It's basically been sitting idle on my desk so far today. I have all there options enabled (Driving, Meeting and Sleeping).

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola Assist Battery Drain

I have the same problem this morning. I only ever had the sleep option activated but it sucked 57 percent of my batty in 2 hours.

Optimizing my Moto X

I also had that problem this morning, I disabled it for now though. The only assist setting I was using was for sleep.
    mekano likes this.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

I disabled it as well

Optimizing my Moto X

I've never seen it happen.

But if I were having problems, I'd first uninstall the recent change, reinstall it, and maybe clear the app's cache and settings before going draconian and disabling a very useful service.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShoelerDroid View Post
    I've never seen it happen.

But if I were having problems, I'd first uninstall the recent change, reinstall it, and maybe clear the app's cache and settings before going draconian and disabling a very useful service.
    Gonna give that a try. Will report back.

Optimizing my Moto X

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

This is weird. It happened to me this morning, too. Has never showed up on my battery usage before but today I dropped 7% in the first hour off the charger with Assist being the biggest user and only 4 minutes screen on time. I only had it set for being silent at night when I'm sleeping. I had turned off the Driving and Meeting assist. I turned it completely off after this morning, maybe I'll turn it back on in a couple days and see if it does it again.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

I rebooted my phone did a cache wipe and it's still eating the most battery. Gonna shut it down for a few days and try it again maybe on the weekend

Optimizing my Moto X

Assist seems to have blown up for everyone last night. It killed off the battery on both of my Moto X's. The Moto X's are running different firmware but it got both of them. A reboot does not fix it, it must be stopped.

Ditto here. Took the phone off of the charger this morning at 8am and was down to 10% at 6pm. I usually make it through the day with ease. Motorola Assist was at the top on the Battery settings page having been responsible for 46% of the drain.

Wonder if it's a bug related to date? Especially since it's hitting on NYE and there haven't been any updates for a few days, AFAIK.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

You guys use Moto Connect too? I've wondered if it can be a battery drain linking to your computer like that.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,003 Global Posts

I also had Assist drain a bunch of battery today. I went down to 56% in 4 hours of mostly idling and a short phone call.

I have all three assist selections active and no change in battery life. On VZW.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Motorola Assist Battery Drain-1388548085803.jpg  

Same Assist drain here - somehow it was keeping my X Awake nearly full time.

I cleared Data and Cache only, the re-set Driving and Sleeping modes and it seems to have settled down, but will want a day or two to see if it's fixed.

I have the same problem too, Assist was second after screen and I haven't used it at all today. I disabled for now, but I hope someone can get to the bottom of this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    You guys use Moto Connect too? I've wondered if it can be a battery drain linking to your computer like that.

I use Connect but not sure it's related. I'll do some testing though.

The second I disabled the app battery life improved nicely.

ROM
    I don't root.

Motorola Assist starting draining the heck our of my Droid Maxx today. I disabled the Driving option but it still is draining.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.

Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

Same thing literally just happened to me after using it to navigate home. I noticed it after asking how old Jenny McCarthy is. I reported the problem. It must be on Motorola's side. I'm sure they collect everything to improve the service.

Thanked by:
    mekano 
    mekano likes this.

ROM
    I don't root.

Well ... I'm dying to know. How old is Jenny? I'm afraid to ask my phone for fear that it might drain the battery even more.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Droid Razr MAXX HD since Dec 2012.
    jephanie likes this.

same thing happened to me today, Assist used 70% of my battery and drained it very quickly. Kept having to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Deron Baker View Post
    Well ... I'm dying to know. How old is Jenny?
    Who cares, she is a nasty sk ank.

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    I reported the problem. It must be on Motorola's side. I'm sure they collect everything to improve the service.
    how do you report it?
    mekano likes this.

This is weird. I have a brand new Moto X, have had it just a week and installed the KitKat 4.4 OS a couple days ago. Battery life has been very good until suddenly today I noticed the Motorola Assist was eating up a huge amount of battery. The phone was sitting idle most of the day, a few texts and a couple alarms set, nothing else. Location, WiFi and Bluetooth all turned off, there was nothing else that should have been high battery usage. The battery monitor said Motorola assist was using 40% of the battery. I had all the settings checked in Motorola Assist but there was nothing going on for it to monitor, it was daytime, no meetings and I wasn't driving. I turned everything off but the sleep rule, and recharged the phone. Just a few hours later, phone sitting idle, and battery down to 48%. I checked and now it said Motorola Assist was using 70% of the battery! I did a Force Stop and disabled it although it says this may cause the phone to misbehave....

I have a Droid MAXX and have the same drain as everyone else starting today

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast