Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    clankfu's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

    Default Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    I currently have a Pebble and was wondering if the SW2 is worth the extra $40. Any compatibility issues with the Moto X?
  2. #2  
    arisenfury's Avatar

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    I have one, works great. Works fine with gmail, the SMS app works fine with Hangouts. Facebook is the only one that never seems to work but it doesn't push like the other apps. Haven't used a Pebble so can comment on if it's worth the extra $40. Build quality is awesome though, I hear that's a complaint on the Pebble.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    clankfu's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by arisenfury View Post
    I have one, works great. Works fine with gmail, the SMS app works fine with Hangouts. Facebook is the only one that never seems to work but it doesn't push like the other apps. Haven't used a Pebble so can comment on if it's worth the extra $40. Build quality is awesome though, I hear that's a complaint on the Pebble.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yea, the build quality on the Pebble isn't anything to write home about and it's a biggest reason why I'm considering the Sony. Can you dismiss notifications on your phone with the Sony?
  4. #4  
    arisenfury's Avatar

    Posts
    74 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    If there is I haven't found a way, if I view the notification on the watch it stays on the phone. I didn't wear it today but I'll check later to confirm; but pretty sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    Yea, the build quality on the Pebble isn't anything to write home about and it's a biggest reason why I'm considering the Sony. Can you dismiss notifications on your phone with the Sony?
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    clankfu's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by arisenfury View Post
    If there is I haven't found a way, if I view the notification on the watch it stays on the phone. I didn't wear it today but I'll check later to confirm; but pretty sure.
    Thanks. If that function is missing, I'll probably just stick with my Pebble.
  6. #6  
    Xterror's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock with XDA Google Now

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    I got a sw2 for christmas abs I'm liking it so far, first smartwatch for me. I do notice the battery on my phone didn't last as long because of the bluetooth connection. I was wondering if a Pebble being bluetooth 4.0 would be better on the phone battery.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    I have both the moto x and sw2, very pleased with the experience. My only complaint is that the sw2 battery life is terrible when connected to the moto, but is totally fine when used in conjunction with other phones. I'm talking a difference of 12 hrs vs 3 days. Tried factory reset already, but still the same issue

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    clankfu's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by justinlara313 View Post
    I have both the moto x and sw2, very pleased with the experience. My only complaint is that the sw2 battery life is terrible when connected to the moto, but is totally fine when used in conjunction with other phones. I'm talking a difference of 12 hrs vs 3 days. Tried factory reset already, but still the same issue

    Posted via Android Central App
    That's strange. Any idea why? Seems like a deal-breaker if you have a Moto X.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    Not a deal breaker, still very happy with how it works, I just have to charge it nightly, or on rare occasions through the day, which is fine because the sw2 charges fully in about 20 minutes

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    clankfu's Avatar

    Posts
    353 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    Well, it would be a deal-breaker for me. That's Galaxy Gear type battery life.
  11. #11  
    Xterror's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock with XDA Google Now

    Default Re: Anyone have a Sony Smartwatch 2?

    Quote Originally Posted by justinlara313 View Post
    I have both the moto x and sw2, very pleased with the experience. My only complaint is that the sw2 battery life is terrible when connected to the moto, but is totally fine when used in conjunction with other phones. I'm talking a difference of 12 hrs vs 3 days. Tried factory reset already, but still the same issue

    Posted via Android Central App
    I thought my sw2 was defected because I'm only getting 12hrs and too. Was planning on getting it know replaced, but now I might get a refund and use it for a Pebble. I don't mind charging nightly, but it doesn't last all day.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone ditch their Galaxy S4 for the HTC One?
    By guitarfish in forum Verizon HTC One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 11:54 AM
  2. Has Anyone Flashed from Android 4.4.2 Back to Android 4.3.*?
    By StLouisMan2 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 03:21 PM
  3. Do you have a tablet through a carrier?
    By JnEricsonx in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 12:36 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch - U.S. Update vs U.K. Update?
    By Floridadomer in forum Samsung Galaxy Gear
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 03:08 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-31-2013, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

B