1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ok, Google Now issue

Maybe I'm missing something simple here, but shouldn't Google already know my home address? I'm in my own Contacts list with both my home and work address. You would think if I set a reminder to do something when get "home" it would know the address ... but it's wanting me to enter an address. Then, when I go to type my address in, it keeps saying that "Google cannot be reached at this time" and will not let me enter anything in. But, beyond that, it should be able to set a reminder when I ask it to remind me at either my home or work address. Is there maybe something in Settings that's not check marked or something?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ok, Google Now issue-screenshot_2014-01-01-21-56-18.png  

Default Re: Ok, Google Now issue

Go into the Settings for Maps. Choose Edit home or work. Make sure your home address is there.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Go into the Settings for Maps. Choose Edit home or work. Make sure your home address is there.
    Thank you!

Since the last Google search update I've been plagued by Google can't be reached errors. This isn't a moto issue in my opinion because prior to the update that took place around kit Kat I never saw that message or error one time.

Posted via Android Central App

Alternatively, you can scroll to the bottom of your Google Now page, click the little magic wand, and then select places. From there, you can add a Home, Work, or other address that Google Now will be able to make use of. For example, if I say "Okay Google Now, navigate home," Google Now will open maps and start navigation to my home address.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Alternatively, you can scroll to the bottom of your Google Now page, click the little magic wand, and then select places. From there, you can add a Home, Work, or other address that Google Now will be able to make use of. For example, if I say "Okay Google Now, navigate home," Google Now will open maps and start navigation to my home address.
    Got it, thanks
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    Since the last Google search update I've been plagued by Google can't be reached errors. This isn't a moto issue in my opinion because prior to the update that took place around kit Kat I never saw that message or error one time.

Posted via Android Central App
    I'm getting this a lot, too. I wonder if this a widespread issue amongst Moto X users, or if it's Google ... ? Or KitKat?

This is kinda the reverse problem, and doubt if there's a 'fix', but...I can't delete the 'Work' location. I'm Retired, dammit!

It seems to enter some arbitrary location nearby and I've given up and just ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    This is kinda the reverse problem, and doubt if there's a 'fix', but...I can't delete the 'Work' location. I'm Retired, dammit!
    In that case, you need to set "Work" as your garage/shop, or the nearest driving range... :-P