Moto X and AT&T: Sending MMS to others

Techo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I'm having a problem sending photos from the gallery section via MMS using the stock Messaging app. Sending to folks who are not using AT&T.. they get a message that photo is too big, etc. Also tried going through the messaging app first and using the attach feature. No luck.

A similar discussion is taking place on the Motorola forums https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4ec0d90cc6 , https://forums.motorola.com/posts/c9159f28a2 , and https://forums.motorola.com/posts/4ec0d90cc6

With my older Atrix 4g it always asked if I want to resize the photos before sending. Migrating to the Moto X took some time to adjust to. Also wish each txt had the full timestamp next to it, date+time. Not just the date.

ETA: Will turn off wifi and try to resend. Will write back; Nope no luck. Sending the mms to a family member on the same plan worked, either way, but not to two friends. One with iPhone the other a Samsung Galaxy.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Re: Motox and AT&T : Sending MMS to others

Have you tried using Hangouts for SMS to see if it works any better?

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I too have a Moto X on AT&T and had an Atrix before that, so I remember that "resizing" message on the Atrix. I'm not having the same problem you are, though. I'm able to easily insert pictures from my gallery into MMS texts to either AT&T or non-AT&T people. In other words, maybe it's not an AT&T issue you're having.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

I just tried sending an older gallery picture - not one I've added since getting the Moto X, and the person on the other end got the error you describe. The pictures I've taken with the X go through fine on the other end but not my older pictures taken with the Atrix or the Razr V9 before that, etc. Strange.

Techo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for writing. Though I'd prefer not use hangouts. Funny, I'll go to that local at&t store and ask who has a non ATT phone I can txt to LOL.

I initially migrated all the pics from the atrix to the moto x using moto's app but have deleted all of them and started fresh. All the mms texts I tried sending without success were pics taken with the moto x.

If anyone who's also using at&t can please test this , that'd be great. Sending a photo from the moto-x to a non at&t user buddy.

Techo

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

No resolution to the problem while using the stock messaging app. So I switched to 8sms and it's worked thus far and also showing me pics my friend who uses an iPhone sent but I couldn't view (stock app just showed a play button type of image). I just noticed that today.
Prior to this I called at&t and we went through all different kinds of tests which my plan and phone passed.

Some links that verify the problem
Can't Send MMS - Please help! - xda-developers
MMS compression - xda-developers

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site

My question/issue is a little different. With my moto X I do not see how to forward a photo from a text. In fact, I can't even see how to forward a text message period. Anyone have a comment?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

My question/issue is a little different. With my moto X I do not see how to forward a photo from a text. In fact, I can't even see how to forward a text message period. Anyone have a comment?

From within the text message conversation - long press on the text or image that you want to forward, you will then get a pop up window with forward as one of the options.

labs point

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Thanks a lot. I thought I tried this with no success, but looking back at this thread and just did what you suggested,voila it works. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs