Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Bloat

Alright, so as I'm going through my apps in the settings I see a lot of applications from Sprint and Motorola. I feel as if I don't use these and I don't need them, so I was wondering if there was a way to remove all of the stuff that I don't need.

Is this where rooting comes into play? I've been thinking about learning how to root so this could lead me to further my action.

Thank you

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Sprint Bloat

You may be able to disable some of them but to completely remove them you will NEED root

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    18,589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis... View Post
    Alright, so as I'm going through my apps in the settings I see a lot of applications from Sprint and Motorola. I feel as if I don't use these and I don't need them, so I was wondering if there was a way to remove all of the stuff that I don't need.

Is this where rooting comes into play? I've been thinking about learning how to root so this could lead me to further my action.

Thank you

You can disable them through Settings. Here is how: [GUIDE] How to Disable Apps
    Otherwise to completely remove them, you would need to root like the previous poster said. What is sad, though, is there is significantly less bloat than in my S3 from Sprint.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis... View Post

Thank you

Just disable them, don't delete. If you delete preinstalled apps the next OTA update will fail. At least that's my past experience.
    All Verizon bloat can be disabled, not sure about sprint

Quote Originally Posted by tr-1 View Post
    Just disable them, don't delete. If you delete preinstalled apps the next OTA update will fail. At least that's my past experience.
    All Verizon bloat can be disabled, not sure about sprint
    *backup assistant plus

Grrr, and it is always running in the background too

-Moto X-

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    You can disable them through Settings. Here is how: [GUIDE] How to Disable Apps
    Otherwise to completely remove them, you would need to root like the previous poster said. What is sad, though, is there is significantly less bloat than in my S3 from Sprint.
    Why is it sad that there is less bloat?

And what would you recommend disabling?

Global Posts
    18,589 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlegal View Post
    Why is it sad that there is less bloat?

And what would you recommend disabling?
    Sad in a sense that there is a phone that does just fine with only a few carrier apps, as opposed to being so bogged down with crap. A demonstration of the X that other OEMs should follow.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Alright, didn't know if I should delete or just disable them. Thanks guys!

Most of the Sprint apps can actually be uninstalled. I can only think of two that are still on my phone which are Sprint Zone (which I've disabled) and Sprint Worldwide (which I've also disabled). The music mess can all be uninstalled.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by warfare003 View Post
    Most of the Sprint apps can actually be uninstalled. I can only think of two that are still on my phone which are Sprint Zone (which I've disabled) and Sprint Worldwide (which I've also disabled). The music mess can all be uninstalled.
    What about some if the Motorola add one? Just seems like I don't really need Motorola Check in, or some other Motorola apps. Maybe I need those, if so let me know. Thanks guys.

Bloat apps on the Sprint Moto X are Sprint Zone and Voicemail and these cant be uninstalled.