1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Requests for software upgrades

I like the Moto X, but it could be better. Here are some requests for future upgrades. Some are probably requests to Moto, and others to the Android team, I'm not sure which would be which.

1) Using voice activated navigation, I would like to be able to find addresses among my contacts, not just on google search. So, it will work if you say "navigate to the museum of science in boston", but not if you say "navigate to my contact, john smith". I have tried dozens of variants of that last one, and read all the documentation provided and I'm pretty sure it can't (currently) be done.

2) I'd also like to be able to navigate to the location of an event in my calendar. I haven't tried this one, so maybe it can be done, but I don't think so. (It can be done by touching the phone, but I want a purely voice-activated method.)

3) I would like Daydream and Motorola Assist to talk to each other. I'd like "daydream" to show my photo gallery at work, but show a clock face at my bedside. Motorola Assist knows when I am at work and when I am in bed (or close enough) but can't tell that to Daydream.

4) I'd like Motorola Assist to be able to trigger the "car dock" mode. I don't know if I would use that, since my train commute looks like driving to my phone, but I think it would be a useful option.

5) In general, I would like expanded voice controls. I'd like to be able to access all the major settings via voice -- turn wifi and bluetooth on and off, change the volume, open apps, that sort of thing.

6) I realize that the voice control prompt needs to be long enough to be distinctive, but I'd like a little bit of flexibility in picking it. I would really like be say, "Hey, Google" (or "Hey, Google Now", or "Jeeves, your attention please", or "listen up, gadget", or...)

7) I'm not a fan of the latest iteration of Maps. I had to do a google search to figure out how to store a region, or even how to exit navigation or to show where I am driving without entering a destination. There should be a way to discover major options/functionality from within the app.

I think there are some other things I've thought of, perhaps I will add them later.

Default Re: Requests for software upgrades

All that's completely possible with current tech but is still about 4 years out to hit consumer level. By the time its cheap enough for consumer devices I predict the device will also be wearable (6-8 years out). These are just predictions based on the passed 25 years of tech downsizing with time. Google glass(100% voice operation) is only right around the corner in these terms.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Requests for software upgrades

Really? 5 and 6 might be hard, but I would guess the others are fairly easy to implement.