Moto X can't connect to my WiFi.

Jason Cockerham

Community Review Team Leader
Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Just got my Moto X and so far am enjoying it. Not sure if in gonna keep it over my G2 though.

Anyway, for some reason my Moto X cannot connect over my Wifi. The phone connects to the network, but cannot pull down data for some reason. Every other device in my house works just fine. Any ideas??

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. Just got my Moto X and so far am enjoying it. Not sure if in gonna keep it over my G2 though.

Anyway, for some reason my Moto X cannot connect over my Wifi. The phone connects to the network, but cannot pull down data for some reason. Every other device in my house works just fine. Any ideas??

Try rebooting?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Interesting and I've been wondering the same thing. I had this problem but only on a specific WiFi connection when I was back home for Christmas. My Moto X connected successfully to every other WiFi but when I went home, every time I tried connecting to my in-laws WiFi, my Moto X could not verify the network. However, my wife's Moto X worked fine and also my Nexus 10. I tried rebooting, forgetting the network and retrying but nothing worked. Is it a software issue? Any suggestions?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
What brand router is it. Reason I ask is I had some connection issues in the past with a Dlink router. Turned out that the router needed a firmware update, after that no more problem.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
My old Linksys was solid with my Moto X, now this new Xfinity router I have is a different story. I constantly have to turn WiFi on and off to get it to work.
Also, make sure you don't have another connection saved in your history that is close or the same name as your home router. That happened to me once between my house and my parents house. Took me a while to figure out why my phone wouldn't connect properly to their router.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Make sure the password is correct of course the other characters and numbers in it try to reset the router again and reboot your phone once and see if that works on my brand new Cablevision/ optimum wifi router in my apartment my Moto X is fine...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon