Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X has a Green Notification Light!

droidlife

xda
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    mhunter6378 likes this.

Default Re: Moto X has a Green Notification Light!

Very cool !!! Why is Motorola keeping this hidden? Maybe they will give us menu access to control function in some future update...

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Very cool !!! Why is Motorola keeping this hidden? Maybe they will give us menu access to control function in some future update...
    They didn't hide it necessarily. The only function they gave it was as a charging indicator when the battery is so depleted the display can't light up.

They probably figured that active display was more useful for normal notifications.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree that the active notifications are more useful, it would just be nice to have some control over its use other than to tell you that your battery is all but dead. For instance, when your phone goes into assist mode when your driving you get a notification (not an active notification). The only way you know it is in assist mode is to unlock the screen. This led would be good to let you know that you're in assist mode while driving without ever having to touch or unlock the the phone. I'm sure there are plenty of ways people could benefit from this led. That's all I'm saying.

Edit, there is a setting for active notification for assist - I just had mine turned off (my bad)... Still I would like the option to use the led in addition to the active display for some functions
    Last edited by mhunter6378; 01-07-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    ...when your phone goes into assist mode when your driving you get a notification (not an active notification). The only way you know it is in assist mode is to unlock the screen. This led would be good to let you know that you're in assist mode while driving without ever having to touch or unlock the the phone...
    If you go to Settings > Active Display > Manage notification types and check Motorola Assist, the Assist notification still doesn't appear on the Active Display?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
    If you go to Settings > Active Display > Manage notification types and check Motorola Assist, the Assist notification still doesn't appear on the Active Display?
    My mistake - I did not have mine selected. I still like the idea of having some additional functionality with that led. It's a shame just to let it go to waste.
    tr-1 likes this.

Personally, I don't understand the reverence for the notification light. In fact, I relish having one of the few Android devices without it simply because it's different and also, because I find the active display so much better and enjoyable to use

-Moto X-

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I never used the notification led on my phones that had one.That led gets on my nerves blinking on my other phones.
    TechTinker likes this.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I never used the notification led on my phones that had one.That led gets on my nerves blinking on my other phones.
    Yes haha, I have found it so pleasing with Active Notif. Maybe I never utilized it, but the blinkling light was just annoying, especially at night, and usually sat there saying "HEY CHECK ME, HEY CHECK ME" like Navi.
    davidnc likes this.

I think that this is the case of 'I don't have it, I want it'...
    I got so used to how the X delivers notifications, that every time I have to use another phone, I think to my self 'what?, I have to push a button to see information on the screen?, is not moving the phone enough?'

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    They didn't hide it necessarily.
    They didn't hide it at all. It's clear as day right on page 2 of the user's guide that there is a light there. It's pretty hilarious that someone finally took a second to read the user's guide and now the interwebs are all ablaze because the X has a "hidden" LED. It's not like it was buried on page 157 of a 300 page guide its right there on page 2.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker
    Thanked by:
    AndroidDev01 likes this.

ROM
    Stock 4.4.2

Moto X has a Green Notification Light!-screen-shot-2014-01-09-8.27.16-am.png
    Quote Originally Posted by tdizzel View Post
    They didn't hide it at all. It's clear as day right on page 2 of the user's guide that there is a light there. It's pretty hilarious that someone finally took a second to read the user's guide and now the interwebs are all ablaze because the X has a "hidden" LED. It's not like it was buried on page 157 of a 300 page guide its right there on page 2.
    asdrew and Ron Khan like this.

Seriously. Who cares?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Seriously. Who cares?
    I don't but by all my post saying that it should be clear. I never liked the LED light on any phone ha

sent from Moto X

I think it would be cool to have one for a certain something and another for a certain something.

I've run mine to self-shutdown & have never seen the LED come on when the battery is low. Not that I care about having it or not, but it doesn't seem to even function as a low-battery indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Seriously. Who cares?
    To some it seems that screwing around with the phone is more important than using it! Then! "Help I bricked my phone!"

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app

Have you found any instructions for using it? Or an explanation as to why it's listed? No. I've had my phone for four months and have never seen the LED, that's why people consider it "hidden".

Oooh, shiny.. gotta have it.
    DayThyme likes this.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

For most who use the phone for business, and specifically those who may have a
    Blackberry background, they often see the huge value of the LED, I really miss it.

Active notifications are great, but you generally have to be close to your phone, where
    the LED was something that can be seen more easily and at a quick glance.

It would be great if this was a feature we could simply turn on or off at will. My wife
    has recently gone from a BB to an iPhone and the missing LED is the single biggest
    gripe, she hates having to always pick up the phone and wake it up to see if she missed
    anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankump View Post
    Have you found any instructions for using it? Or an explanation as to why it's listed? No. I've had my phone for four months and have never seen the LED, that's why people consider it "hidden".

I hope you're just desperately grasping for an explanation and don't really believe what you wrote. If you believe it then you don't know the meaning of the word hidden. When someone puts something in bold letters saying "hey, this is right here" and draws an arrow straight to it, then in no way shape or form is it hidden. That would be like me going to an airport, pointing to all the planes and saying they're all hidden because I don't know how to pilot them. Anyone who considers it hidden is flat out wrong.
    I customized my signature using Motomaker

Never has there been so much to do over so little! Active notification works great and is the future! Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

I will not rest until my Moto X flashes a shiny LED notification light.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidDev01 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 8.27.16 AM.png 
Views:	626 
Size:	143.3 KB 
ID:	100221
    Hum! Verizon did not included the note on the LED in their version of the manual. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by snoking View Post
    Hum! Verizon did not included the note on the LED in their version of the manual. Chris

Don't worry, it is also not declared for mine (I'm from Argentina)

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast