- progress on unlocking the bootloader
- how/whether to roll back to Jellybean
- unrooted tethering progress
- etc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Good question... I'll take a look into this... Normally its based on demand. If we have a high enough demand to warrant opening the sub forums " Moto X Rooting & Hacking ... " then it will happen.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Why isn't there a central location for info on:

- root methods
- progress on unlocking the bootloader
- how/whether to roll back to Jellybean
- unrooted tethering progress
- etc.

Good question. probably some mods can add this.

Edit: I see Paul627g already answered it

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It'd be nice, but I always figured XDA was a solid source for that kinda stuff? (Not trying to step on toes or anything).

Posted via Android Central App

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
When I rooted my first phone the Android Central sub forum was an absolute life saver. XDA is an awesome source of info but if you have a question or you get in trouble while rooting or flashing something it's not exactly a friendly place you can pop your head in and ask a question without getting flamed.

There's not a ton of development going on with this phone but I'd lay odds there are enough of us around that it would see quite a bit of use.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think having a forum here would be cool, like little tricks you can do when your rooting like XPosed. or Highlight a ROM, or something. I don't see much use it roms because now we can achieve it all with Xposed and apps, pretty much. It would be cool if there was more themed roms, like Miui, but something more..

Gary Boucher

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I would like more info regarding rooting my Moto X, because I locked my Moto when I put on a custom recovery. After an OTA upgrade, the phone boot locked on boot screen. It would have helped to understand that you can get images for each OTA update, and before you take the next OTA restore stock firmware first. If you do not phone will not work when update fails.

Thanks for this friendly forum.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I would like more info regarding rooting my Moto X, because I locked my Moto when I put on a custom recovery. After an OTA upgrade, the phone boot locked on boot screen. It would have helped to understand that you can get images for each OTA update, and before you take the next OTA restore stock firmware first. If you do not phone will not work when update fails.

Thanks for this friendly forum.

Some would say if you don't fully understand what you are doing, you should take the time to figure all that out before messing with it in the first place.

That said we all had to learn some time, myself included. Needing to save your phone from a non booting state is the best way to learn!

-Moto X-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance