1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Can't connect to blue tooth speaker

Not sure why but when trying to scan for the blue tooth speaker, my Moto x won't pick it up. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-10-2014 at 03:14 PM.

This may sound dumb

But have you tried rebooting to see if this fixes issue?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Can't connect to blue tooth speaker

Thanks the reboot doesn't help

Quote Originally Posted by Bnjf View Post
    Not sure why but when trying to scan for the blue tooth speaker, my Moto x won't pick it up. Any suggestions?
    In your auto? I bought a Moto X for my mom and it wouldn't pick up the bluetooth in her car, which is an older Lexus. Her iPhone and my Samsung GNote3 pick it up fine. I suspect this is a problem with Kit Kat or with the Moto X. I would return the phone if you are in the return period and try another. If that one won't either, than it is likely a kit kat issue.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

What bluetooth speaker is it? Brand, model?

Default Re: Moto X: Can't connect to blue tooth speaker

I had a qualcomm engineer sent by Motorola at my house a few weeks back debugging a Bluetooth bug I found. It was found by issues with my Subaru car connection.

We found a workaround for the time being while they collected logs to sort everything out.

We had to delete the existing pairs to my car from the steering wheel and the stereo dash. With Subaru they(steering wheel & dash) seem to have separate entities for Bluetooth pairing.

Once the pairs were removed from the car and the phone, I could restart the pairing process and connect successfully.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So its actually a single portable bluetooth speaker called Jam2. I tried to reset the speaker but it didnt help. I really dont want to return the phone cause I just returned my other one for a hardware flaw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    We had to delete the existing pairs to my car from the steering wheel and the stereo dash. With Subaru they(steering wheel & dash) seem to have separate entities for Bluetooth pairing.

Once the pairs were removed from the car and the phone, I could restart the pairing process and connect successfully.
    I did that about 50 times and it didn't solve the problem with the Moto X pairing with an older Lexus's bluetooth.

I returned the phone. I worry that the problem is Kit Kat because with my GNex, the last OS update royally screwed the bluetooth on that phone.
    Last edited by DayThyme; 01-10-2014 at 05:10 PM.

I had a similar problem. But then I remembered my Bluetooth speaker has a pairing mode: for my particular model, I had to hold the power button until the lights flashed rapidly. After that, it worked flawlessly.