1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dialer Contacts

My dialer has half of the screen just useless as a contacts button. I have seen screen shots of others where that bottom half actually has contacts instead of just a blank space and an all contacts button. Will it eventually fill out from making calls? Or is there a setting I am missing? It seems like a waste of space if it will just stay like how it is. Tried searching everywhere but have just seen screenshots like mine and ones with contacts but no explanations as to why they are like that. Any insight would be much appreciated.
    Dialer Contacts-screenshot_2014-01-11-10-00-04.png

Default Re: Dialer Contacts

It's the weird new kitkat dialer. That icon on the bottom center brings up the keypad.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

That space gets filled up with your frequent contacts. It does on mine, anyway.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,763 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by elyfant422 View Post
    My dialer has half of the screen just useless as a contacts button. I have seen screen shots of others where that bottom half actually has contacts instead of just a blank space and an all contacts button. Will it eventually fill out from making calls? Or is there a setting I am missing? It seems like a waste of space if it will just stay like how it is. Tried searching everywhere but have just seen screenshots like mine and ones with contacts but no explanations as to why they are like that. Any insight would be much appreciated.
    Press Menu (three dots bottom right) and select All Contacts to view your contacts.

That space is where all my favorite contacts show up. If you bring up a contact card by clicking on its picture from a search you will see a star you can click. Click it if you want that contact to be a favorite and it should show up there above the all contacts button. Your three most frequent contacts will show up as pictures in the boxes above that and the space above those is your last call.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks all for the replies. I thought it would fill up with frequent contacts by itself. Did not know I had to favorite the contacts to get them to show.

Ya, the only ones that show up automatically are the three above the blank space.

Posted via Android Central App

Is there any way to eliminate the picture view for the top three? Some of my frequent contacts include Work Bridge (for a conference call bridge) and Work Voicemail. They both just show "Work" since it cuts off the name. I don't want to shorten it to just "Voicemail" because I also have Home Voicemail. This is a problem that doesn't need to exist, so I'm hoping I can just configure it to show only a list instead of forcing me to show empty picture icons.