Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paisley99
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there any way to have the ability to lower the volume of my phone while it's still in sleep?

I could have sworn my Pre let me turn the phone down even when it was in sleep mode (could be wrong, i'd have to double check). Would love to not have to push the wake button to turn down my ringer. I checked in settings, didn't see it there.

Default Re: Is there any way to have the ability to lower the volume of my phone while it's still in sleep?

I don't know about turning the volume down, but if you hold the power button while the phone is sleeping, it will give you options to set to vibrate or silent without having to unlock.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is there any way to have the ability to lower the volume of my phone while it's still in sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by jlgraham View Post
    I don't know about turning the volume down, but if you hold the power button while the phone is sleeping, it will give you options to set to vibrate or silent without having to unlock.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Well, it didn’t work while asleep or before the screen unlock for me (?), but it does offer quick access to airplane mode! I never even noticed that. And I use airplane mode at least twice a day. Cool. That will be MUCH less annoying than pulling down the menu bar, flipping to menu, pushing airplane mode, then pulling up to get rid of the menu. . Exxxxxxcellent.
    jlgraham likes this.

You can use an app like Llama and have it automated depending on your location/time of day