Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Any way to close all open/active apps at once? Maybe a 1 button toggle or something? ..

Iíll often not close apps after Iíve used them and when I go back into the multi window thing and all the apps are sitting there. Iíd prefer to hit one button instead of do 10 swipes.

Also, what setting do I go in to choose my apps that start up in the background (not the truly open active apps like above). I'll often go into my 'Clean master app and they'll be a number of apps listed to kill that aren't currently open and that I hadn't even opened or used that day, and that i don't even use every day, youtube for example.. Or fandango, which i use once a week max, and google music, which i use never but keep "enabled" in case of the rare occasion i feel like using it.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-15-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Any way to close all open/active apps at once? Maybe a 1 button toggle or something? ..

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    I’ll often not close apps after I’ve used them and when I go back into the multi window thing and all the apps are sitting there. I’d prefer to hit one button instead of do 10 swipes.

Also, what setting do I go in to choose my apps that start up in the background (not the truly open active apps like above). I'll often go into my 'Clean master app and they'll be a number of apps listed to kill that aren't currently open and that I hadn't even opened or used that day, and that i don't even use every day, youtube for example.. Or fandango, which i use once a week max, and google music, which i use never but keep "enabled" in case of the rare occasion i feel like using it.
    I think I know what you are talking about. Let me get a screenshot from my X.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Any way to close all open/active apps at once? Maybe a 1 button toggle or something? ..

Like in the lower left? I had to use Gravity Box and Xposed Framework.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X: Any way to close all open/active apps at once? Maybe a 1 button toggle or something? ..-1389713522836.jpg  

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    mrsmumbles likes this.

I like your wallpaper!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I like your wallpaper!

Thanks. It is the 47 Ronin wallpaper on Zedge.

Darth Spock and mrsmumbles like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Thanks. It is the 47 Ronin wallpaper on Zedge.
    Oh, thanks! Maybe I'll try it. I still have stock on my phone. :-)

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

omg, that's beautiful. That's is what I thought would not even be an option but what I optimally really wanted. : )
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

omg, that's beautiful. That's is what I thought would not even be an option but what I optimally really wanted. : )
    Be advised: I had to unlock my bootloader which will wipe your device. I had to root. I also installed CWM, to make a Nandroid in case something went wrong. Because I did this, I was not able to accept the 4.4 OTA. And as of this moment, I am not sure if a root method is available for 4.4.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Be advised: I had to unlock my bootloader which will wipe your device. I had to root. I also installed CWM, to make a Nandroid in case something went wrong. Because I did this, I was not able to accept the 4.4 OTA. And as of this moment, I am not sure if a root method is available for 4.4.
    fk. lol.

I have a app called battery doctor. It has a widget which will kill all apps (even the "hidden" ones) better than any task killer app,

Sent from my SM-P600

You really REALLY do not want to ever do this. Most who want to do this are coming from the Donut / Froyo / Gingerbread model where this was the only way to ensure your phone lasted any reasonable amount of time on battery.

There's been official reply after reply (mostly in Google I/O sessions from the devs themselves) that has said this is a bad idea and actually hurts battery life pretty dramatically on Android 4+. The reasoning is simple - it now takes more CPU/resources to restart an app (when you inevitably open it again) than it did to keep it running in the background. Android now also does a nearly perfect job of resource management, whereby it kills the oldest task to free up RAM if need be.
    Thanked by 2:
    Stang68 and msndrstood like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I can’t think for the life of me why Android would not add this standard. Any ideas? I guess I don’t have a choice but to next time get a dev edition and have someone root it for me cuz it keeps coming up that “well, this is a good solution but you have to be rooted”. lol. But I still don’t get why they would not make that an option on the standard o/s. ?

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I canít think for the life of me why Android would not add this standard. Any ideas? I guess I donít have a choice but to next time get a dev edition and have someone root it for me cuz it keeps coming up that ďwell, this is a good solution but you have to be rootedĒ. lol. But I still donít get why they would not make that an option on the standard o/s. ?
    I am not sure why, but it isn't there on my Nexus either.

I can’t think for the life of me why Android would not add this standard. Any ideas? I guess I don’t have a choice but to next time get a dev edition and have someone root it for me cuz it keeps coming up that “well, this is a good solution but you have to be rooted”. lol. But I still don’t get why they would not make that an option on the standard o/s. ?
    I strongly suggest you read my post above. They didn't put it there because you DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS EVER.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by ShoelerDroid View Post
    I strongly suggest you read my post above. They didn't put it there because you DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS EVER.
    There is nothing wrong with clearing the apps in the recents screen. It doesn't always kill them.

Thanked by:
    Wollombi likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

hmmm. I feel like they're not slower when I close then re-open. I just checked 5 apps. One was a fraction of a second slower to open, but that is 10x less inconvenient than swiping 10 apps off the recent apps.
    Last edited by paisley99; 01-15-2014 at 09:43 AM.

There is nothing wrong with clearing the apps in the recents screen. It doesn't always kill them.
    Actually, yes it does. On Android 4+, "clearing" an app from what you call the recents screen, isn't the recents screen - it's the switch app screen and yes it does definitely kill the app.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Actually, yes it does. On Android 4+, "clearing" an app from what you call the recents screen, isn't the recents screen - it's the switch app screen and yes it does definitely kill the app.
    Not always.

hmmm. I feel like they're not slower when I close then re-open. I just checked 5 apps.
    Google Android devs have repeatedly shown this to be a confirmation bias. Task killers only benefit is where you have an app that is malfunctioning and taking too much resources, by which you should uninstall that app. Global kills are a shotgun approach to a sniper problem.

Not always.
    With respect, yes it does.

Since we're in the Moto X forums, that is. All Android 4+ devices with a dedicated app switch button will kill the app and restart its background process.

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

With respect, yes it does.

Since we're in the Moto X forums, that is. All Android 4+ devices with a dedicated app switch button will kill the app and restart its background process.
    And on my Moto X, when I open up Play Music and play a song, swipe away the app in the recents app screen, the music is still playing. Therefore, not completely killed.

Global Posts
    455 Global Posts

Google Android devs have repeatedly shown this to be a confirmation bias. Task killers only benefit is where you have an app that is malfunctioning and taking too much resources, by which you should uninstall that app. Global kills are a shotgun approach to a sniper problem.
    Do you have a source other than yourself? I mean like an article or FAQ somewhere that Google or a ROM developer said it's a bad idea to swipe away your recent apps? Not saying I don't believe you, but I'd be interested in reading what they have said about it.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Task killer kills other things than just closing your recent apps, no? Pretty sure it's not just a 'close recent apps' app.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I just downloaded an app killer, app killer pro. It only deleted my start up things that hang out in the background, like 12 of them, it did not delete my recept apps. Maybe we are talking about different things? But then again, i opened it again and the things it said it killed they're asking me do i want to kill them. lol. so i am confused.

One of the problems with task killers is endless loops. You kill it and the task starts automagically again, kill, start,, kill start........ Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast