- 1 Posts
Newbie questions about Motox on prepaid
I just bought a new unlocked GSM Moto X. I currently have an iPhone on a postpaid A&T iPhone plan which I'll be cancelling once I settle on the a new plan for the Moto X and transfer the number.
I rarely make or take calls on the phone so I don't need many minutes. I typically use slightly less than the 2gb allotted in my plan. I had hoped the TMobile $30/month plan would work for me because it fits my needs perfectly except that coverage where I live and along my commute is abysmal.
So I need a prepaid plan that fits the following requirements:
- is on the AT&T network which has always had good coverage and speed for me.
- includes minimal minutes
- includes least 2gb of data at full speed (I'm not crazy about throttling but it probably isn't a problem since I rarely go over 2gb)
- includes LTE support
From my research it seems Net10 and Straight Talk are the only two options at $50/mo and $45/mo respectively.
Have people had success getting a Moto X to work with either of these providers?
Is there a strong preference for one over the other?
Are there other providers I should be considering?
Am I correct that neither Net10 nor ST offer a nano sim? I've never cut my own sim but I guess I can learn. Do you recommend cutting manually or buying a cutter?
I know AT&T has the $60 GoPhone plan. I was hoping for something cheaper but I would be willing to go that route if I thought it was significantly "better" in some capacity than the bargain MVNOs like Net 10 and ST.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
- 01-16-2014, 09:57 AM #2
- 01-16-2014, 02:07 PM #3
- 01-17-2014, 11:01 AM #4
- 36 Posts
Re: Newbie questions about Motox on prepaid
The Moto X will not work on AIO if you have KitKat 4.4. Well it works, but there is a problem. The connection keeps dropping. You end up having to turn your phone off all the time to reset it. Search on XDA forum for the thread. I don't know if the problem has been solved or not ... I switched from AIO to straighttalk (AT&T network) and ported my number. Straighttalk is working just fine for me - no issues. I was an AT&T customer for about 6 years. My service/coverage is the same. My X displays AT&T for its network.
- By drvier8 in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 10Last Post: 02-11-2014, 11:23 AM
- By sigreddasparks in forum AT&T Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 8Last Post: 01-27-2014, 08:26 PM
- By Jmoore1225 in forum AT&T LG G2Replies: 20Last Post: 01-22-2014, 02:05 PM
- By effreyj in forum Moto XReplies: 9Last Post: 01-16-2014, 11:00 AM
- By Kevin Oates in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 01-16-2014, 09:34 AM