Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Bluetooth fast forward bug after phone call ends

I noticed a very odd, and big, bug today on my Moto X. I had just got around to linking it to my cars bluetooth and noticed after I ended a call the music didn't resume. Upon opening Pandora I found the music was on fast forward and would not let me stop it. If I was to skip to another song the new song was also on fast forward. I have since tested it on another bluetooth device to rule out my cars bluetooth as the culprit, and it happened on the other device as well. I was also able to reproduce it using YouTube (so it's not a bug with Pandora). I have done a factory reset and the bug remains. I am wondering if anyone else has this or if this could possibly just be a problem with my phone?

Here is the workflow to reproduce the bug:

• Connect phone to bluetooth device that supports both phone and music profiles.
    • Open up youtube and start watching a video (audio will play through bluetooth)
    • After about 15 seconds click the home button
    • Call someone (I called a 1-800 number)
    • After about 15 seconds on the phone, hang up
    • Now go back to youtube and press play
    • The video will be playing in fast forward (no audio) and there isn't a way to stop this.
    • Once you disconnect bluetooth you can then play the video fine

*You may have to make a phone call 2 or 3 times before this happens, but it will happen - at least on my phone.

Can others please test to see if you can reproduce it? My phone is stock and running kitkat with all apps up-to-date. I have also tested this using my Nexus 5 and it does not have this issue. I will try to record a video tomorrow to better show what is happening.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-17-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Default Re: Bluetooth fast forward bug after phone call ends

I tagged one of moto bluetooth engineers to look at your thread.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    I tagged one of moto bluetooth engineers to look at your thread.

Thanks. Have you by chance tried to see if you can reproduce this on your moto x?

This JUST happened to me. I was listening to a book on Smart Audiobook player. I tried restarting the app but it didn’t help. I even switched to a different book.
    When I restarted my headphones the problem was gone.

Default Re: Moto X: Bluetooth fast forward bug after phone call ends

I haven't tried to replicate the problem. I'm hoping Roland pops in to contact you guys though.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Has no one else expierenced this? Just trying to figure out if I should RMA...

Global Posts
    1,005 Global Posts

I've experienced something similar to this. What happens is I don't get all the layers of a song so I'll have only vocals play but no music. Seems to happen randomly and it happened the other day where I had to switch to aux to get music back to normal. Only happens via bluetooth audio though.

I just bought a pair of Sony SBH20 stereo bluetooth headset and noticed that the youtube videos would play fast forward with no sound and the problem won't go away unless I restart my phone. Went to google and found this thread. There seems to be a bug with android, bluetooth in general and some apps. I have a Sony xperia Z1. Really annoying bug. Any luck finding a solution?

I have same issues on my motto x and what I did was I put a Bluetooth toggle widget I just turn it on and off after every phone call it is annoying and prob not safest when I drive.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

Same thing happens on my Uconnect in my Jeep. Music played through Bluetooth is played in fast forward. Phone calls are fine. Heard it's a Uconnect update issue, no the phone. Haven't talked to my dealership yet for an update.

Optimizing my Moto X