Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By anthony2558
  • 1 Post By redeyss
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Simplest way to use Moto X for occasional tethering (AT&T unlimited plan)

What is currently the best way to get this done? Rooting necessary, or are there USB options that do not require root access? Rooting Android seems like an intimidatingly complicated process (unlike with iOS devices).

Global Posts
    1,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Simplest way to use Moto X for occasional tethering (AT&T unlimited plan)

Did you try foxfi from the play store

Tapatalk via Moto X
    pdj likes this.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Default Re: Simplest way to use Moto X for occasional tethering (AT&T unlimited plan)

Sell at&t version and buy Tmobile unlocked version. Native tethering works on mine no problem and has all at&t bands. Even connects to my microcell!!

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    Mac58 likes this.

Yes, I can tether from my unlocked moto x fine, using my at&t sim.

Posted via my Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by quietlybrilliant View Post
    What is currently the best way to get this done? Rooting necessary, or are there USB options that do not require root access? Rooting Android seems like an intimidatingly complicated process (unlike with iOS devices).
    My At&T plan includes tethering, no rooting/unlocking or anything else. In settings/wireless & networks select Tethering & portable hotspot and it will check your subscription status and you can set up a hotspot name and password, or you can use Bluetooth or USB tethering.
    To give myself fewer steps to take, I installed the WiFI Hotspot OnOff widget:

with other devices (when I didn't have tethering) I used foxfi and PDAnet.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    Did you try foxfi from the play store

Tapatalk via Moto X
    Sadly, FoxFi stopped working (on Verizon) after KitKat arrived.

I have Sprint Moto X. Clockwork feather works for me no problems, but not as convenient as WiFi feathers.

Posted via Android Central App