Moto X: Anybody have a root method?

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
4.4 on Verizon and would just like a simple root method anyone know a working one ? Link?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, kinda on the fence right now I don't have a computer I need a new motherboard... But im wondering if there is going to be a 4.4.2 update...

As for 4.4.2, I don't know. It has only been out for a month, but I also haven't heard of anything beyond the Nexus line to get it, either.

I rooted my X before the 4.4 update, and when I tried to go back to stock, it wouldn't accept it. Oh well...

jaboop

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
As for 4.4.2, I don't know. It has only been out for a month, but I also haven't heard of anything beyond the Nexus line to get it, either.

I rooted my X before the 4.4 update, and when I tried to go back to stock, it wouldn't accept it. Oh well...

I'm stuck I have to revert to 4.2.2 and use rockmymoto then to 4.4 and then use slapmymoto? Where are all the devs for moto x? Then it won't survive another ota but I can't even root because I updated the camera?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm stuck I have to revert to 4.2.2 and use rockmymoto then to 4.4 and then use slapmymoto? Where are all the devs for moto x? Then it won't survive another ota but I can't even root because I updated the camera?

I had the camera update when I rooted. I unlocked the bootloader and flashed CWM. I just realized you have the Verizon edition, right?

Soulless Carnage

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
So just a quick hash.... It would probably be a good idea to not root the moto x (unless you know what your doing) until the developers come up with a easier way. Correct?

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
So just a quick hash.... It would probably be a good idea to not root the moto x (unless you know what your doing) until the developers come up with a easier way. Correct?

Well the only dev who was working on it was jcase and he said he was done with the Moto X. Also there is a script over at XDA that is super easy to follow if you want to root. I was rooted but had to send my phone back to Moto. Now I am back on stock since I just got my new one, but I will be rooting it probably tonight again :)