Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Infinity
  • 1 Post By ETPhoneHomeT
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Video orientation bug on Moto X?

Last night I went to a Blue Man Group concert and shot a short video holding the camera in landscape mode during their final number. When the camera saved it to the gallery, it saved it in the wrong orientation, so to view it, I have to turn my head sideways. This is the first and only time I've experienced this bug. When I got home, I shot another video for reference and the video was back to being saved and would play in the correct orientation again.

Has anyone else seen this before? I searched for other threads but didn't find anything. When I view the Blue Man Group video on my PC at home, it displays it in the correct orientation but if I try to post the video to YouTube or Facebook, it displays in the incorrect orientation, same as in the gallery on the camera.

Default Re: Video orientation bug on Moto X?

Any chance you started recording in portrait mode first and then rotated the phone?
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    Any chance you started recording in portrait mode first and then rotated the phone?
    Oh, THANK YOU! I just ran another test and looked at the BMG video and that's exactly what happened. I guess in my haste to take the video, I had it momentarily in portrait mode at the start of the recording, then rotated into landscape mode.
    Ry likes this.

Glad to help.